Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Feb 18 10 6:15 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ February 18, 2010 05:54 pm)
Well she can blame no one for that since she's been looking to start a fight w/ Hekate for idk how long. She herself said that.

Also, I've notice that the only way to get these Elder's scared out of there wits or to listen to you like you matter is by calling them by their names, names that hasn't been used in centuries/millennia.

flamelssecret/hysterical.gif Perenophie. For a minute there I was like Who? flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

The piece about the names is not unique to Bastet but you are right it is something that tells an Elder that I am aware of who you really are. It gives them an indication that the person they are talking to is as powerful as they are or aware of the Elders power and ultimately their weakness.

Much of what we have seen from the Elders "power" is predicated on their presumed mysticism or superiority. We have seen that in many cases their "magic" is simply advanced technology and nothing more. Cracking through that is a huge blow to an elder. Sometimes its all they have.

Bastet is a prime example of that.

user posted image

Aura Color: Midnight Blue......Aura Scent: Fresh Honey
You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Mar 1 10 11:00 PM

We don't know if Mars still loves the Witch, but if he does, how do you think he will feel if he finds out that his wife has put a death sentence on his sister. My bet is that he either won't care or will be very angry.

Aura color: blue
Scent: apples
Elemental Magic: earth
Live long and prosper, may the stars watch over you, and may the force be with you!- from Star Trek, Eragon, and Star Wars

Quote    Reply   

#43 [url]

Mar 8 10 2:44 PM

See I always get the impression that Elders like Bastet live by some unwritten code. I think we got an example of that when we hear the witch lay down the death sentence on Bastet. There are a few other instances where we see that the Elders have this code that should be followed.

user posted image

You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Quote    Reply   

#44 [url]

Mar 9 10 9:39 PM

QUOTE (phineasnigellus @ March 08, 2010 08:44 am)
See I always get the impression that Elders like Bastet live by some unwritten code.  I think we got an example of that when we hear the witch lay down the death sentence on Bastet.  There are a few other instances where we see that the Elders have this code that should be followed.

Yeah, like in the Alchemist when Hecate couldn't kill Josh because he was a guest and didn't know that he was offending her.

Live long and prosper, may the stars watch over you, and may the force be with you!- from Star Trek, Eragon, and Star Wars

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Mar 9 10 10:36 PM

QUOTE (Mist060 @ March 09, 2010 09:39 pm)
QUOTE (phineasnigellus @ March 08, 2010 08:44 am)
See I always get the impression that Elders like Bastet live by some unwritten code.  I think we got an example of that when we hear the witch lay down the death sentence on Bastet.  There are a few other instances where we see that the Elders have this code that should be followed.

Yeah, like in the Alchemist when Hecate couldn't kill Josh because he was a guest and didn't know that he was offending her.

Nice but I think in that instance Scathach had a little more to do with it then the unwritten code...

Its funny but Dark Elders like Bastet and villains in general are always foiled by such things.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

justmeandi

Spellcaster

#46 [url]

Mar 11 10 10:25 AM

I might have missed this, but I just read that Bastet is sometimes considered as the Goddess of the Moon.

Now, I won't jump into conclusions, but could we have some connection between her and Sophie in the future?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Apr 7 10 1:42 AM

What about Bastets father Re? Sent her down to "take care" of the non-believers. Then tricked her into stop attacking.

user posted image

QUOTE ( The Alchemyst)
I've known Nicholas Flamel for a very long time. He is many things-Dangerous and devious, cunning and deadly, a good friend and an implacable enemy-but he comes from an age when a man's word was indeed precious. If he gives you his word that he's done all this for your protection, then I am suggesting that you believe him. ~ Scathach

Aura: Orange...... Scent: Fresh Linen/Cotton...... Element: Wind

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

May 8 10 7:34 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ February 18, 2010 05:38 pm)
Well at end of the Alchemyst Dora told Scatty to avenge Hekate death I know it was Dee who finished the goddess off but the Morrigan and Bastet played major roles in the goddess' eventual demise. so Bastet is on the Witch's chopping block

Bastet is my favorite elder, i must say

In the book when the witch told Scatty to avenge Hekate´s death i thought of dr.Dee. But it sure is likely that the witch also want's Bastet and the Crow Godess dead, not only the doctor.

But killing a dark elder, Bastet .. that can´t be easy. specially powerful one as the cat godess.

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

May 8 10 8:16 PM

That is a wonderful idea! I wonder if we will get to see Scatty avenging Hecate's death. I mean we have only got a handful of days to work with in this series, but that would be awesome! But I don't know if Dora wants other Elders dead, especially Bastet who is her husbands sister, besides she could probably do it herself.

user posted image
Aura: Sage
Scent: Old and New Books

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#51 [url]

May 9 10 12:22 AM

QUOTE (justmeandi @ March 11, 2010 11:25 am)
I might have missed this, but I just read that Bastet is sometimes considered as the Goddess of the Moon.

Now, I won't jump into conclusions, but could we have some connection between her and Sophie in the future?

Hmm Now if Bastet is a sun element and her brother is Mars... I wonder if they could be twins and he could be a moon element?
Bastet does call him her little brother, as Sophie can call Josh her little brother too, even as twins with only seconds between their births, one would still be the elder and one the younger and I don't actually recall the age gap between Bastet and Mars being specified anywhere, does anyone else? Could this be another set of twins?

Quote    Reply   

#52 [url]

May 9 10 12:57 AM

Bastet is turning into more of a background character lately, though Michael will probably prove me wrong.

Aura: Holly Green ...... Scent:Metallic...... Elemental Magic:Thought
user posted image
It is fantasy that puts us apart from the beasts. Anyone can say what is. Few can say what if.

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

May 10 10 11:47 AM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ May 08, 2010 07:22 pm)
QUOTE (justmeandi @ March 11, 2010 11:25 am)

Hmm Now if Bastet is a sun element and her brother is Mars... I wonder if they could be twins and he could be a moon element?
Bastet does call him her little brother, as Sophie can call Josh her little brother too, even as twins with only seconds between their births, one would still be the elder and one the younger and I don't actually recall the age gap between Bastet and Mars being specified anywhere, does anyone else? Could this be another set of twins?

I couldn't find anything official, but what I did find would suggest that he is represented by the sun. He was represented by fire, and before he was worshiped as the god of war, he was a farmers god, and kept all the pests away. He became the god of war when the Empire wanted to extend his boundaries and the soldiers began praying to Mars asking him to keep the human pests out of their lands. So I'm guessing since you need sun the grow crops and his planet is Mars and is a blood red planet, I would go with sun. I did find a site that said he was associated with the element of earth though.

If anyone could fine if he was aligned with the sun and the moon that would be a handy piece of info there.

user posted image

QUOTE ( The Alchemyst)
I've known Nicholas Flamel for a very long time. He is many things-Dangerous and devious, cunning and deadly, a good friend and an implacable enemy-but he comes from an age when a man's word was indeed precious. If he gives you his word that he's done all this for your protection, then I am suggesting that you believe him. ~ Scathach

Aura: Orange...... Scent: Fresh Linen/Cotton...... Element: Wind

Quote    Reply   

Elena

Immortal

#54 [url]

May 10 10 3:07 PM

I was reading The Alchemyst last night and I found this: Scatty talks about the Torc clans and she says ''the Humani worshipped the Torc Clans as gods-why do you think so many of the earliest gods have animal shapes? Think of the cave paintings of creatures that are neither man nor beast but something in between. You must have seen statues of the Egyptian Gods Sobek, BASTET and Anubis: humani bodies, but with animal heads. Think of the dances where humani pretend to be animals: they are just memories of the time when the Torc clans lived side by side with the humani'' ..what do you guys think about this? 0.o

1.Does that mean Bastet is a member of the Torc Clans? Or even the leader of one of the..clans?

2.If she is indeed a member of the Torc Clans how come now she is against the Humani? ( "..memories of the time when the Torc clans lived side by side with the humani" ).

Also on the Sun and Moon part..I found that Artemis (Moon) was often identified with Bastet and in some occasions Hekate.
Plus Apollo(Sun) was identified with Horus..(Mars..Bastet's brother-Sun god?).
How about that?

Sorry about the last part, it's..off topic I know ;p

user posted image
Pottermore: GoldAccio87 | Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness..

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#55 [url]

May 10 10 3:23 PM

It's a very interesting theory but Im not sure that bastet is a member of the torc clan, as that she may (or someone else may) have used her DNA for experimental purposes. We know elders like hekate used to do experiments to create the torc clans, so its possible Bastet was involved in some way. I mean they are related arent they?

Also yes bastet and her many counter parts are considered lunar dieties, and Horus is a solar deity. There are many instances of solar and lunar representations throughout the series. And it will be interesting to see if/how that comes into play in the series.

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

May 10 10 8:31 PM

As Elena and I discussed last night, could it be that Bastet (or any other such deity) gained her anthropomorphic shape by getting stuck in a transformation gone wrong?

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

May 10 10 8:45 PM

You know guys that train of thought lends itself to the thought, what if Elders like Bastet and some others were genetic experiments of say the Archon's? Perhaps they were already powerful but they were experimented on and thus the Cat head.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#58 [url]

May 10 10 9:19 PM

QUOTE (phineasnigellus @ May 10, 2010 08:45 pm)
You know guys that train of thought lends itself to the thought, what if Elders like Bastet and some others were genetic experiments of say the Archon's?  Perhaps they were already powerful but they were experimented on and thus the Cat head.

in the Alchemist Dee said that Hekate had been "kicked out" from Danu Talis for genetic experiments.
So it´s obvious that there were genetic experiments. But on Bastet .. ? interesting if some of the elders are Archons experiments ..

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

May 11 10 8:42 PM

That is a really cool thought. I mean, it happened to Cennunos.

Quote    Reply   

Zosimus

Spellcaster

#60 [url]

May 11 10 9:36 PM

But that would be really creepy... like they were experiments... and then overruled the creator...

user posted image
Aura color: green and purple flowing in each other... Magic scent: fresh cinnamon Primary Magic: Ether

"Veni, vidi, vici."; Caesar said...
I would say: "ego recubo, ego impono, ego mos debello": I lie, I cheat, I will eliminate.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help