Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Sep 24 09 3:05 PM

I think she would look cute with the head of a calico personally. flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

flamelssecret/clock.gif

user posted image

Aether is the solitary tenant of the Universe, it gives form to matter, but matter also occupies and manipulates Aether. All Physical existence derives its geometry from Aether.
Aura color: BLACK..........Aura Scent: Russian Olive Tree..........Magical Specialty: Alchemy.......... Elemental Magic: Aether/Time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Sep 25 09 2:17 AM

QUOTE (mr_mears @ September 24, 2009 11:05 am)
I think she would look cute with the head of a calico personally. flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

flamelssecret/clock.gif

You do realize that this is the Elder that left Ahmet or whatever to die in a Shadowrealm lol?
OMG, I could totally see that, though. Maybe if it was a Scottish Fold.

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Nov 21 09 8:37 PM

QUOTE (Santino @ October 19, 2009 07:51 am)
Bastet - seems that she is the scariest Elder. I don't want to see her in real life! flamelssecret/ashamed___.gif

flamelssecret/Agreed.gif I wouldn't want to meet her in a dark alley!

user posted image
"I have been many things in my time: a physician and a cook, a bookseller and a soldier, a teacher of languages and chemistry, both the officer of law and a thief." -From the Day Booke of Nicholas Flamel, Writ Thursday, 31 May
Aura Color: Gray
Scent: Pepper
Magic Specialty: Fire

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Nov 29 09 6:34 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ September 24, 2009 06:33 am)
QUOTE (silvertouch @ September 24, 2009 12:45 am)
So, what kind of cat head does Bastet have? Is it, like, a Mau's, or a Himalayan's, etc?

most images ressembles a Mau and it's the most likely breed since the Mau is known to be the oldest cat breed. although, she also depicted w/ the head of a lioness in the past

Yes, sometimes she was depicted with a lioness' head, but there is also another Egyptian god with a lioness' head, which isn't Bastet... She's called Sekhmet (I think it's spelled right)
Anyway, that's what the different exhibitions at Louvre says

**Signature removed by staff. Please read the Forum CoC on signature text-lines (maximum 4).**

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#26 [url]

Nov 30 09 7:28 AM

QUOTE (Warrior Scathach 17 @ November 29, 2009 06:34 pm)
Yes, sometimes she was depicted with a lioness' head, but there is also another Egyptian god with a lioness' head, which isn't Bastet... She's called Sekhmet (I think it's spelled right)

also in the Sorceress she was described as the lion-headed goddess... but wasn't she called Sakhet?

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Dec 3 09 4:19 AM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ November 30, 2009 07:28 am)
QUOTE (Warrior Scathach 17 @ November 29, 2009 06:34 pm)

also in the Sorceress she was described as the lion-headed goddess... but wasn't she called Sakhet?

Yes, her other names were, Mafdet, Sekhmet &, Menhit.

Aura:Sunshine Yellow
Scent:Ozone

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Jan 23 10 6:25 AM

I have been hoping that we would get to hear more about Bastet in the future. I have been thinking about the close relationship she has with her brother Mars and the love she has for him, while she seems to despise her sister Hekate, and was just biding her time till she could annihilate her. I'd like to know more about that family back history.

user posted image
Aura: Sage
Scent: Old and New Books

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#29 [url]

Jan 23 10 4:03 PM

QUOTE (Lucy @ January 23, 2010 12:25 am)
I have been hoping that we would get to hear more about Bastet in the future. I have been thinking about the close relationship she has with her brother Mars and the love she has for him, while she seems to despise her sister Hekate, and was just biding her time till she could annihilate her. I'd like to know more about that family back history.

I agree and despite bastet and the witch being on separate sides (or so it appears) she seems to have a great respect for her and what she did for her brother. I find it odd that she has no hate towards the witch. You'd think that imprisoning Mars would have made bastet upset at the witch, but rather she seems content with the solution that Mars is not dead but safe and unable to do whatever it was that got him into trouble in the first place.

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Jan 23 10 4:18 PM

it was weird hearng that bestet is mars sister but witch of endor wife weird.

P.S. bastet scares me flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif

user posted image

AURA COLOR: Fire Red

Favorite Scent:Gassoline

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#32 [url]

Jan 24 10 8:43 AM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ January 23, 2010 04:03 pm)
QUOTE (Lucy @ January 23, 2010 12:25 am)
I have been hoping that we would get to hear more about Bastet in the future.  I have been thinking about the close relationship she has with her brother Mars and the love she has for him, while she seems to despise her sister Hekate, and was just biding her time till she could annihilate her.  I'd like to know more about that family back history.

I agree and despite bastet and the witch being on separate sides (or so it appears) she seems to have a great respect for her and what she did for her brother. I find it odd that she has no hate towards the witch. You'd think that imprisoning Mars would have made bastet upset at the witch, but rather she seems content with the solution that Mars is not dead but safe and unable to do whatever it was that got him into trouble in the first place.

flamelssecret/Agreed.gif So true! And yet the Witch of Endor so calmly and rationally tells Scatty that she must kill Bastet to avenge Hekate's death...you know since Hekate was family...(but Bastet wasn't?! *insert sarcasm*).

user posted image
Aura: Sage
Scent: Old and New Books

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#33 [url]

Jan 24 10 9:20 AM

QUOTE (Lucy @ January 24, 2010 08:43 am)
QUOTE (Spacecadet @ January 23, 2010 04:03 pm)

I agree and despite bastet and the witch being on separate sides (or so it appears) she seems to have a great respect for her and what she did for her brother.  I find it odd that she has no hate towards the witch.  You'd think that imprisoning Mars would have made bastet upset at the witch, but rather she seems content with the solution that Mars is not dead but safe and unable to do whatever it was that got him into trouble in the first place.

flamelssecret/Agreed.gif So true! And yet the Witch of Endor so calmly and rationally tells Scatty that she must kill Bastet to avenge Hekate's death...you know since Hekate was family...(but Bastet wasn't?! *insert sarcasm*).

I had the impression that Bastet was relieved that the Witch did that to Mars, She was probably scared of what Mars has turned to yet unable to muster courage to do anything to stop him. imprisoning one other half would be much harder to do and that what impressed Bastet.

Michael said that Elders cared for blood relations and that w/ out that one cannot be considered true family. Which begs this question: If Hekate and Dora are blood related, then is Bastet really Hekate's sister?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Feb 18 10 2:36 AM

Back in July, (during the string where we tried to figure out if The Morrigan and Scatty were related) Michael made this comment:
"Relationship by marriage does not count. Bloodlines are everything."

So, since the Witch was married to Mars and Bastet was Mars sister ... that wouldn't make her "family" to The Witch.
What loyalties huh???!!! flamelssecret/crazy.gif

user posted image

Aura Color: Émeraude
Aura Scent: Garlic and Onions sautéing in Butter
Latin Motto: Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#36 [url]

Feb 18 10 9:00 AM

Also remember that Bastet is in the chopping block since The Witch as good as gave her a death sentence when they killed Hekate.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Feb 18 10 3:03 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ February 18, 2010 09:00 am)
Also remember that Bastet is in the chopping block since The Witch as good as gave her a death sentence when they killed Hekate.

Interesting Buff explain that for me.

user posted image

Aura Color: Midnight Blue......Aura Scent: Fresh Honey
You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#38 [url]

Feb 18 10 5:38 PM

Well at end of the Alchemyst Dora told Scatty to avenge Hekate death I know it was Dee who finished the goddess off but the Morrigan and Bastet played major roles in the goddess' eventual demise. so Bastet is on the Witch's chopping block

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Feb 18 10 5:48 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ February 18, 2010 05:38 pm)
Well at end of the Alchemyst Dora told Scatty to avenge Hekate death I know it was Dee who finished the goddess off but the Morrigan and Bastet played major roles in the goddess' eventual demise. so Bastet is on the Witch's chopping block

A little bit if a stretch there but I will definitely go with you on that one. I wonder if Bastet looks at it that way. Things seem so beneath her sometimes that she does seem like the type to simply blame what she can on anyone else.

For being one of the most feared Dark Elders, she got scared surprisingly easily by Perenophie...

Like the combo there? LOL flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

user posted image

Aura Color: Midnight Blue......Aura Scent: Fresh Honey
You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#40 [url]

Feb 18 10 5:54 PM

Well she can blame no one for that since she's been looking to start a fight w/ Hekate for idk how long. She herself said that.

Also, I've notice that the only way to get these Elder's scared out of there wits or to listen to you like you matter is by calling them by their names, names that hasn't been used in centuries/millennia.

flamelssecret/hysterical.gif Perenophie. For a minute there I was like Who? flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help