Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Aug 2 09 5:00 PM

Tags : :

The cat headed Elder.. an Elder of mystery and power .. and one with ancient connections, but who does she answer to, and what could her plans be?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Aug 2 09 5:38 PM

Well we know for starters that she is a Dark Elder herself so is she working for another Elder or with another Elder or Elders?

We know from The Sorceress that she has direct access to at least one other Elder as she calls to report in Dee's failure. We also know she is close to Machiavelli's Elder. Machiavelli's Elder obviously respects or cares for her enough that even whilst on the phone Machiavelli won't show his true feelings towards her.

And the revelation that she is Mars' sister and therefore The Witch of Endor's sister in law was very suprising. Especially as she seems to agree with his imprisonment and does not wish him free, because of her love for him.

I wonder what her relationship with The Witch is like? Do they respect each other? Hate each other?

Destiny is what we work towards. The future doesn't exist yet. Fate is for losers.

Are we Humani or are we dancers?

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Aug 15 09 10:49 PM

QUOTE (Melpomene @ August 02, 2009 01:38 pm)
I wonder what her relationship with The Witch is like? Do they respect each other? Hate each other?

Perhaps it's a combination of both. We have never seen any interactions between them, and when Bastet herself mentioned the Witch she seemed to do so with little feeling. She was, however, telling Dee about Mars with emotion. Maybe she did not want her opinions of the Witch - whether hateful, respectful, or both - to show in front of Dee.

user posted image
Each Event is proceeded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event.
~Zurin Arctus|The Underking

Aura color: Indigo
Scent: Blooming trees

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#3 [url]

Aug 17 09 6:05 AM

QUOTE (Indigo Spirit @ August 15, 2009 10:49 pm)

Perhaps it's a combination of both. We have never seen any interactions between them, and when Bastet herself mentioned the Witch she seemed to do so with little feeling. She was, however, telling Dee about Mars with emotion. Maybe she did not want her opinions of the Witch - whether hateful, respectful, or both - to show in front of Dee.

I agree, She may have hated because of her caring for the humani, aslo the hate may also be a product of fear. the Witch is very formidable, everyone knows that, and what she did to Mars, Bastet surely fears a similar damnation but admires her for doing it. I'm interested to see how their relations will play out in the series since they are on opposite sides of the war and the Witch has proclaimed vengance for Hekate.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#4 [url]

Aug 17 09 10:15 AM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ August 17, 2009 07:05 am)

I agree, She may have hated because of her caring for the humani, aslo the hate may also be a product of fear. the Witch is very formidable, everyone knows that, and what she did to Mars, Bastet surely fears a similar damnation but admires her for doing it. I'm interested to see how their relations will play out in the series since they are on opposite sides of the war and the Witch has proclaimed vengance for Hekate.

It isn't only revenge for Hekate she has to worry about, after she abandoned Dee, she then became a subject for revenge from Dee too
QUOTE (The Sorceress p334 pdf)
He had no doubt that Bastet had reported his
failure. His lips twisted in an ugly smile. One of these days he was going to have to do something about that cat-headed creature. But not now, not yet.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Aug 17 09 5:49 PM

I just feel bad for Senuhaet, the poor baldy. But what's not to like? She's an evil goddess, she is part cat, she has jewel-inlaid clothes!

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#6 [url]

Aug 18 09 7:46 AM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ August 17, 2009 10:15 am)

It isn't only revenge for Hekate she has to worry about, after she abandoned Dee, she then became a subject for revenge from Dee too
failure. His lips twisted in an ugly smile. One of these days he was going to have to do something about that cat-headed creature. But not now, not yet.

but she was only there as a representative of Mars, i guess Dee doesn't look at it that way

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#7 [url]

Aug 18 09 12:10 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ August 18, 2009 02:46 am)
QUOTE (Zephfire @ August 17, 2009 10:15 am)

but she was only there as a representative of Mars, i guess Dee doesn't look at it that way

I dunno I think there is more to bastet than we may think. I know she appears to be a secondary character at the moment, but i think she is playing the field and hiding in the background waiting to pounce (just like a real cat) We know she called someone to inform them that Dee had failed once again to capture the twins, and we know she is closely tied to Mars, and Machiavelli's elder. She's too tied in for her not to be a key player. She may be an observer now but i think shes formulating her next move in the process. Gathering the facts so to speak. And we all know knowledge and information is a powerful thing.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Aug 18 09 9:28 PM

I agree. I tink Bastet is far more powerful than we yet realize.

The Sorceress P.179
Bastet was a First Generation Elder and one of the original rulers of Danu Talis.

I think this quote is really interesting because I don't generally think of Danu Talis as having a power structure other than the Ruling Twins.

user posted image
Aura: Sage
Scent: Old and New Books

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#9 [url]

Aug 18 09 9:32 PM

QUOTE (Lucy @ August 18, 2009 04:28 pm)
I agree.  I tink Bastet is far more powerful than we yet realize.

The Sorceress P.179
Bastet was a First Generation Elder and one of the original rulers of Danu Talis.

I think this quote is really interesting because I don't generally think of Danu Talis as having a power structure other than the Ruling Twins.

Yes which means that not all the elders prior to the fall of danu talis are dead, clearly bastet was a ruler of danu talis and alive before the fall, which means she is infact not just a dark elder but one of the great elders, and quite possibly one of the original elders.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Aug 18 09 10:46 PM

I have a sneaking suspicion that Bastet is the least of the OE (Origional Elders) that we will come across in this second triliogy. I think she is just a little taste... that came out way wrong... flamelssecret/crazy.gif flamelssecret/wall_.gif

user posted image

Aether is the solitary tenant of the Universe, it gives form to matter, but matter also occupies and manipulates Aether. All Physical existence derives its geometry from Aether.
Aura color: BLACK..........Aura Scent: Russian Olive Tree..........Magical Specialty: Alchemy.......... Elemental Magic: Aether/Time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Aug 19 09 1:34 AM

QUOTE (mr_mears @ August 18, 2009 10:46 pm)
I have a sneaking suspicion that Bastet is the least of the OE (Origional Elders) that we will come across in this second triliogy. I think she is just a little taste... that came out way wrong... flamelssecret/crazy.gif flamelssecret/wall_.gif

lol, I know what you mean. Sure, Bastet is a Dark Elder and all, and she's certainly not one to mess with, but I think she's not as powerful as Dark Elders come. So I agree with Mr. Mears

user posted image
"Be who you are, what you were, what they see. From eternity's view, tell me which one is me." -Epiphany, TSO
Aura color: GOLD..........Scent: Burning matches

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#12 [url]

Aug 20 09 8:52 AM

QUOTE (Sparticle @ August 19, 2009 01:34 am)
QUOTE (mr_mears @ August 18, 2009 10:46 pm)
I have a sneaking suspicion that Bastet is the least of the OE (Origional Elders) that we will come across in this second triliogy. I think she is just a little taste... that came out way wrong... flamelssecret/crazy.gif  flamelssecret/wall_.gif

lol, I know what you mean. Sure, Bastet is a Dark Elder and all, and she's certainly not one to mess with, but I think she's not as powerful as Dark Elders come. So I agree with Mr. Mears

I don't think we've seen much of her power yet, though she didn't do so well in The World Tree, she coun't be part of the ruling body in Danus Talis if she was that weak

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Sep 5 09 11:19 AM

I definitely agree with Moviebuff, I think there is an awful lot more to Bastet than we have seen so far. She appears to be a very complex individual is very multi-faceted. At first she is ruthless and cold but has another side, as we see when she talks about her baby brother and her love for him.

I'm very intriguied about her relationship with The Witch, I hope we find a lot more about them.

Destiny is what we work towards. The future doesn't exist yet. Fate is for losers.

Are we Humani or are we dancers?

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Sep 6 09 12:18 AM

QUOTE (Melpomene @ September 05, 2009 09:19 pm)
I definitely agree with Moviebuff, I think there is an awful lot more to Bastet than we have seen so far. She appears to be a very complex individual is very multi-faceted. At first she is ruthless and cold but has another side, as we see when she talks about her baby brother and her love for him.

I'm very intriguied about her relationship with The Witch, I hope we find a lot more about them.

and her relationship with Mars....
Wait a thought just struck,

Wasn't it Bastet who took Dee to the Catacombs to get awakened?

Mars and her are brother and sister aren't they?

So maybe it could be their dad or something? or dad and mother? lol

user posted image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aura ~ Silver..........Scent ~ Permanent Marker

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#15 [url]

Sep 9 09 6:50 AM

QUOTE (budgge @ September 06, 2009 12:18 am)

Wasn't it Bastet who took Dee to the Catacombs to get awakened?

it was the Morrigan.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Sep 20 09 11:41 AM

I did not know that Bastet was Mars' sister. I never knew that Horus and Mars were the same persona represented differently in different cultures.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Sep 22 09 4:37 AM

I don't like her as an elder shes a dark elder and she killed Hekate

"Fire is the most power full of all magics<---- " --Comte De Saint Germain ( Francis)
aura color: light red aura smell: pomegranates
Magics Mastered: water and Fire..........Kind: Magician..........Magics Learned: All
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#18 [url]

Sep 22 09 11:56 AM

QUOTE (Francis De Saint Germain 09 @ September 22, 2009 12:37 am)
I don't like her as an elder shes a dark elder and she killed Hekate

Bastet didn't kill Hekate, Dr. Dee killed her by killing the Yggdrasil with Excalibur.

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Sep 24 09 12:45 AM

So, what kind of cat head does Bastet have? Is it, like, a Mau's, or a Himalayan's, etc?
Oh, and really, are the Dark Elders called the DARK Elders because they were banished to their Shadowrealms never to return, or is it because they are considered 'evil'? Because Machiavelli and Dee call them Dark Elders, not just Elders, so you would think, if they truly believe in their cause, they don't think they themselves are evil and wouldn't want to be called 'dark'.
Whew! Mouthful!

And seriously, what's wrong with killing people/Elders? It's a big fish eat little fish world out here. I mean, no, I don't want anyone's blood on my hands, but still...lol.

And do the Dark Elders consider themselves evil?

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#20 [url]

Sep 24 09 4:33 AM

QUOTE (silvertouch @ September 24, 2009 12:45 am)
So, what kind of cat head does Bastet have? Is it, like, a Mau's, or a Himalayan's, etc?

most images ressembles a Mau and it's the most likely breed since the Mau is known to be the oldest cat breed. although, she also depicted w/ the head of a lioness in the past

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help