Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Oct 14 09 12:47 AM

Thanks, Lucy, Fuzz. Um, well, it's kinda like...you know how the black rose means death, red, love, tulips mean everlasting love, white rosebuds mean false adoration, daffodils mean narcissism, tuberoses mean dangerous pleasure, etc? Oh, you didn't? No you do.
So I was like, everyone shouold be/encompass a specific flower. And then I realized it was kind of like the aura/scent thing.
But flowers!

Oh, and I'm a little ways in, about three-four chapters.

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Nov 2 09 10:49 PM

I am currently writting a story. I am hoping to get at least 100 pages. If anybody wants to see what I have so far just give me a message and I will reply back flamelssecret/read.gif . I am having a hard time of finding a name for one of my characters. (Older, Smart, and Mysterious) If you have any ideas please tell me. flamelssecret/wall_.gif

I shall not die of a cold. I shall die of having lived.
"Willa Cather"

Aura color: Tan
Sent: Cedar

Quote    Reply   

Fuzzbinn

Sorcerer

#45 [url]

Nov 3 09 3:23 AM

That was fast...

I figured i didn't have time this year... gonna try for next year.

Aura Color: Sunset Orange..........Scent: Pomegranate
Fearus the Fuzzbinnus! Cave Fuzzum!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain."...."It's time to toss the dice."
"I don't want a happy ending. I want more story" - Francis Hardinge, Fly By Night
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Nov 3 09 4:28 AM

QUOTE (Fuzzbinn @ November 02, 2009 11:23 pm)
That was fast...

I figured i didn't have time this year... gonna try for next year.

You can live vicariously through me. If I'm a winner (doubtful) we can have a party.
Virtually. Kinda.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Ptolemy

Apprentice

#47 [url]

Nov 4 09 2:42 PM

I am currently trying my hand at my very first short story and really have never written anything before except long dry diatribes about nonsense on various message boards that mean absolutely nothing.

But the title for this series of shorts will tentatively be called "Stories Written in Blood."

It is a journal for all intents and purposes of a vampire from the, roughly, 16th or 17th century forced to be a vampire. And his struggle for the redemption of his soul.

Zeph and Sparticle have read it, which is huge cause I am completely scared to let anyone I do not know read what I have written. It is stalling out a little at present due to a massive case of writers and readers block. Seriously I cannot get more than 20 pages into a book I am reading. And when ever my ideas come back in my head I sit down to write on paper or comp they vanish. Even the outline does not help. Drives me mental.

If there are any tips I am open to them.

user posted image

Aura colour:Dark Red..........Aura scent: AppleCinnamon

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Nov 4 09 4:12 PM

I used to have the same problem! The thing I did that helped is at night, when it was time to go to sleep, I would tell my story to my sister. (The darkness really made it easier to visualize what happens in the story!) If her interest would begin to fade, than leaving her cliff hanging at a tense part made her more eager to listen. that made it easier to remember the next day. Hope it helps you! flamelssecret/secret.gif

user posted image
Here's a friendly piece of advice, even though you didn't ask for any: Never ask me for advice. Oh, and I for got to tell you: There was a worm in the apple you just ate. Hope you noticed.

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

Nov 5 09 1:11 AM

QUOTE (Ptolemy @ November 04, 2009 10:42 am)
I am currently trying my hand at my very first short story and really have never written anything before except long dry diatribes about nonsense on various message boards that mean absolutely nothing.

But the title for this series of shorts will tentatively be called "Stories Written in Blood."

It is a journal for all intents and purposes of a vampire from the, roughly, 16th or 17th century forced to be a vampire. And his struggle for the redemption of his soul.

Zeph and Sparticle have read it, which is huge cause I am completely scared to let anyone I do not know read what I have written. It is stalling out a little at present due to a massive case of writers and readers block. Seriously I cannot get more than 20 pages into a book I am reading. And when ever my ideas come back in my head I sit down to write on paper or comp they vanish. Even the outline does not help. Drives me mental.

If there are any tips I am open to them.

This is what works for me: tell people you are writing, but don't tell them what. I mean, tell them if it's a novel or whatever, but not what it's about. Because if you tell them, your stroy has been told and you don't feel the need to write it.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Ptolemy

Apprentice

#50 [url]

Nov 5 09 10:05 AM

That is great advice! I never thought about it like that.

user posted image

Aura colour:Dark Red..........Aura scent: AppleCinnamon

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#51 [url]

Nov 5 09 10:30 PM

Can anyone just list a couple names because in my story I can not find out a name for one of my character

I shall not die of a cold. I shall die of having lived.
"Willa Cather"

Aura color: Tan
Sent: Cedar

Quote    Reply   

#52 [url]

Nov 6 09 1:35 AM

QUOTE (TheShadow2009 @ November 05, 2009 06:30 pm)
Can anyone just list a couple names because in my story I can not find out a name for one of my character

Male:
Sam(uel)
Darius
Nicholas
Daniel
Axel
Frederick
Jonathan

Female:
Delilah
Taionna
Eleanor
Nora
Melanie

Just off the top of my head...

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Nov 7 09 11:37 AM

QUOTE (silvertouch @ November 03, 2009 02:59 am)
Mm..I'm super behind on NaNoWriMo.

I meant to ask if anyone was taking part in NaNo this year. I am too and like you and grossly behind in my word count, the statistics bar is giving me nightmares!

This is the first year I've taken part and I am enjoying it.

Is anyone else taking part in it?

Destiny is what we work towards. The future doesn't exist yet. Fate is for losers.

Are we Humani or are we dancers?

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Nov 7 09 2:41 PM

Are you looking for unique names? if so, there's a character in my story named Noxalite. you can use that, if you don't mind me using it in my story too.

user posted image
Here's a friendly piece of advice, even though you didn't ask for any: Never ask me for advice. Oh, and I for got to tell you: There was a worm in the apple you just ate. Hope you noticed.

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

Nov 7 09 2:44 PM

QUOTE (Bubbles @ November 07, 2009 02:15 pm)
What is NaNo?

It's a shortened version of NaNoWri Mo...which is a shortened version of National Novel Writing Month. Basically from 1st to 30th November, you have 30 days to write a 50,000 word novel. It's not a contest and there are no prizes for taking part, but it's a fast paced and fun way to get words down on paper.

Destiny is what we work towards. The future doesn't exist yet. Fate is for losers.

Quote    Reply   

#58 [url]

Nov 7 09 3:12 PM

It's not too late to join in if anyone is interested! If you look up NaNoWriMo using any search engine you'll find the site and can join there, after all there are still 23 days until the end of the month!

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Nov 8 09 12:31 AM

I have half-quit NaNo. There is no way I can det 50,00 words on deadline. If there was no deadline to speak of, this would probably invert itself and I would have twice that well before the deadline.
Stupid karma...
On the other hand, I am currently developing the plot for my new paranormal romance. See, I had gotten the idea. Like THE idea. And then I decided, when I put it against other paranormal romances (Twilight; Hush, Hush; Blue Bloods; Mortal Instruments;etc) it didn't work. I mean, I didn't want it to be some kind of knock-off, but the original idea wasn't just the way it needed to be to work out right.
So instead of my heroine never truly meeting her love until the end, she meets him at the beginning. Because I didn't want to create a whole new world in which the heroine's love (HL) would reside.
So she meets him at the beginning.
Yay.
So at first I wanted to shift POVs'; first the heroine, then the HL's, etc. Like Eternal by Cynthia Leitich Smith or Shiver and Linger by Maggie Stiefvater.
Then I decided to keep it simple--from the heroine's (whose name, by the ay, is Holly). This is still subject to change.
Also, no title.
Darn it.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Nov 8 09 4:05 PM

What happens if you don't finish your story on NaNo?

user posted imageAura Colour=Purple
Aura scent=Vanilla

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help