Remove this ad

Lead

Jun 29 09 3:20 AM

Tags : :

Wow a lot of people answered my question flamelssecret/clap3.gif thanks guys
I think I'll stick with my original title for my book... I haven't started it yet but there are a lot of outlines in my idea journal. I think I'll call it The Whisperer. I'm nearly done with a full-length novel (editing stage and I'm adding some alternate perspective chapters) called Maybe and several fanfictions for Mugglenet and Flamel's Immortal Portal.
Will I be allowed to notify the forum if/when my book gets published? That would involve giving away identity and touchy things like that...

Aura colour: deep ocean blue
Scent: unsweetened black tea
user posted image[/URL]

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jun 29 09 3:24 AM

You could always use a penname. Or you could PM the people who are interested, instead of broadcasting to the whole forum.

user posted image
Aura color: deep chocolate brown Magic scent: cacao
"I've got a Facebook. And I utterly hate the games. I would much rather waste my time spouting useless information and complaining about my life than waste it trying to take care of virtual corn." - silvertouch
"Kai su, teknon?"-Julius Caesar's last words, Greek for "Even you, my child?"

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jul 6 09 4:01 AM

QUOTE (flamelfan#1 @ June 28, 2009 11:20 pm)
Wow a lot of people answered my question flamelssecret/clap3.gif thanks guys
I think I'll stick with my original title for my book... I haven't started it yet but there are a lot of outlines in my idea journal. I think I'll call it The Whisperer. I'm nearly done with a full-length novel (editing stage and I'm adding some alternate perspective chapters) called Maybe and several fanfictions for Mugglenet and Flamel's Immortal Portal.
Will I be allowed to notify the forum if/when my book gets published? That would involve giving away identity and touchy things like that...

What's it called. And it really doesn't matter-there are like three books titled Twilight (Twilight Saga Twilight; Warriors Twilight; and one more I can't think of now).

I, for one, have no idea what to call mine. Something about crystals...

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jul 6 09 7:49 PM

QUOTE (silvertouch @ July 06, 2009 12:01 am)
Wow a lot of people answered my question  flamelssecret/clap3.gif thanks guys

What's it called. And it really doesn't matter-there are like three books titled Twilight (Twilight Saga Twilight; Warriors Twilight; and one more I can't think of now).

Names?
well.
novel (written) - Maybe
novel (outlined) - The Whisperer
hp fanfic (written) - Riddle
hp chapter fanfic (written in my head) - Heather McCrae and the Greatest Treasure

I once wrote a short story called "A Crystal in the Darkness" - but I was like 10.

user posted image[/URL]

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jul 7 09 5:47 AM

QUOTE (silvertouch @ July 06, 2009 02:01 pm)
Wow a lot of people answered my question  flamelssecret/clap3.gif thanks guys

I do have a feeling there is a book, well series rather called The Crystal Chronicals... but I may be wrong.

user posted image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aura ~ Silver..........Scent ~ Permanent Marker

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jul 7 09 8:22 PM

well i have been working on a book that i started around 2 years ago and i think i have finally found a title for mine, though it isnt completed, not even close. it is called "The Beguiling Bangle"

roughly it is about this knight that becomes trapped in this magical relm after chasing this evil magician through a portal in a tree and the only way to get back home is to find the 7 rings of power to find the mystik bangle to escape back to his home. though he will mis his new friends he has to fulfill the orders of his king.

user posted image
Aura Color: dark green
Aura Scent: Fresh cut grass

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jul 7 09 8:42 PM

my book is nearly done!!
third draft is underway
a bit over 31,000 words and I'm researching publishers

user posted image[/URL]

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jul 8 09 2:03 AM

Congratualtions!!!! I am looking at publishers and agents as well- but for poetry.
If it is published (need more) it'll be called Poesie a la Random
because it is a compilation totally nonrelated poems. Is it okay if I put one up?
And is Maybe about someone named Chan?

And as well as my poetry, can I put a link to my Prologue?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jul 8 09 2:59 AM

Maybe is not about somebody named Chan. The main character is Jade, and it's an extremely cliche "middle grades" fantasy about how "what makes sense is not always what is right".

we would love to read one of your poems :-) you should probably PM one of the admins and ask though.

So this conversation has been moved to the new thread, "My writing projects". I have so many current writing projects going on at once - most of them are fanfics for Harry Potter. the main one is Maybe, and I think it's ready to be published. According to most websites, the average word count for a book for 8-12 year olds is 20,000-40,000, which is good, considering that the final product is looking like it'll be around 32,000.

Most of my fanfictions for Harry Potter are in the "Alternate Universe" genre, because I'm one of those crazy people who insists that Harry Potter should have died.

user posted image[/URL]

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jul 8 09 3:16 AM

But he should have died. Well, technically, he did. But he came back. So boo.
And to stay on topic, yeah. I can at least give you the titles of my currents:
Iris, Goddess of the Rainbow.
Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Violet
The Norsegods Are Back
The Angels of Power
Gloria

-and that's it.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jul 8 09 10:20 AM

I currently have 5 writing projects.
2 series, 2 fanfics and a novel.
The fanfics are for the Nicholas Flamel series -
One being the twins are actually quadruplets, a boy and girl, and they have a bronze and black aura.
And the other, is well, set after the dark elders come, and there is a secret society that are plotting to take them down from within .

Okay the two series
1) The Latoa Cycle -
This is about a 16 year old boy named Zander who always dreamt magic would be real gets thrown into the magic world head first and is constantly moving, pretty much downhill from the start... Planning to be 5 books... The first two and a half books have been planned in detail - chapter by chapter and the last two and half have been outlined.

2) Name not chosen -
Well this is very outlined, havn't chosen the name... It's about a world where the land floats, and is help up by a somewhat ancient source of energy.
And there is a group of about 7 who travel from land to land to try and stop an evil empire who plots against the world, planning to bring an ancient evil god back from the dead...

The Novel -
For those of you who have heard of Aurora Borealis, I'm hoping you will like this book...
It is based on that exactly, but they are not lights, but in fact tiny little people, that run across the skies and they each have a magical essence that makes them able to glow.
A new group known as Aurora (Havn't chose the name yet; something to do with dark) come to Earth, and they have the magical properties of being able to cut off the Aurora's magical essence and that causes them to slowely die.
A group of 4 (At the start but when they join up with Aurora Australis; 5) set across the world, looking for little groups of Aurora who are too small in numbers to give off a glow that is named as a major Aurora.

user posted image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aura ~ Silver..........Scent ~ Permanent Marker

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Jul 10 09 12:47 AM

Sweet. I have a bunch of little ideas for novels floating around:

1. In the Prologue, there is a little girl who can see fantastical creatures. A dark shroud tries to consume her, and a dragon called Havnisai tries to save her. It kinda works. And onward...

2. There is a girl, Kylie. On her way home from an expensive restaurant with her best friend, Cole, she wanders into a flower shop. The owner engages in conversation with them, and a storm strikes. And an assassin, no, the Assassin, is hunting her down, because her employer believes she is something special.

3. Elle (short for Gabrielle) is at a highly esteemed ball. She meets a mysterious boy, with whom she dances. The story progresses to an evil woman, the Obsidian Queen, I don't know yet...

and more, but I can't remember off the top of my head. It's a good thing I have them written down.

and I have my Secrets series FanFic called Trail of the Necromantress, about many things, like Black Annis.
------------------------------------------
edited cause no one's posted.
I have a little paperback, 52page book (told u it was little) without an ISBN, published on lulu.com
*edit: Sorry Silvertouch, but we ask that members do not post their full name on the forum. Good luck with the book!

Yay!

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Jul 25 09 6:51 PM

Hey everybody! My newest fanfiction Riddle has been posted on MuggleNet Fanfiction. Here's the MNFF link to the story -
Riddle
Enjoy!

P.S. This link has been approved by Zephfire over PM

user posted image[/URL]

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Jul 25 09 9:46 PM

Finally starting my newest project...have plot figured out, no beginning yet...

Edit: UPDATE!!!Almost done with Prologue, doing @least 3 pgs per diem.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Aug 24 09 10:17 PM

im working on a series in which the main character and everyone else in the world has unthinkable powers locked away in their brain. he's one of the relative few that has unlocked at least one. i plan on making him talk to ghosts so i can help layout the complex history of the story. but it's kind of like perry in a sense, as that isn't actaully his power. it would be better put to say the ghosts are talking to him.

Aura: Holly Green ...... Scent:Metallic...... Elemental Magic:Thought
user posted image
It is fantasy that puts us apart from the beasts. Anyone can say what is. Few can say what if.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Aug 27 09 5:22 AM

I got back from the local Fair today where I got a blue ribbon for one of my poetry pieces and I also got Meritorious Achievement on another one I entered.

I'd be willing to post them if ADMIN will allow it. This is Members Writing Projects thread but I'm not sure if we can actually post some of our work.

user posted image

Aether is the solitary tenant of the Universe, it gives form to matter, but matter also occupies and manipulates Aether. All Physical existence derives its geometry from Aether.
Aura color: BLACK..........Aura Scent: Russian Olive Tree..........Magical Specialty: Alchemy.......... Elemental Magic: Aether/Time

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Aug 28 09 2:55 AM

Okay so a few days ago I was in AP English and we had a QuickWrite. And a prompt. So I got into it and decided to lock it away and sheat and write something different to satisfy my teacher-if it gets published I don't want some of it lying around in a journal.
And those of you with good deductive reasoning skills will get this:
I have always loved the Morrigan, and when she was in the series I was REALLY happy. Hint, hint.

And I just realized that in my last post in this thread, I slipped into Latin: it was supposed to be per day, but instead, per diem.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Aug 28 09 9:14 AM

Im writing a book too.
I have the outline planned- but i have no idea how long it will go for.
It is the first in a trilogy.
I have a very rough idea about what will happen in the 2nd and 3rd.
It should be good though- and i have a name.
Im not going to reveal too much about it- hopefully one day it might get published- that would be great!!! flamelssecret/clap3.gif

Can some one help me with what publisher i should go to?
. Im 13
. THe book (series) is aimed towards my age group
. It is about witches and wizards
. It is an adventure/action

any ideas who i should send it to once im finished?
I would love to hear from you flamelssecret/clap3.gif flamelssecret/hyper_.gif

The sentance after this is false
The sentence before this is true

~I AM THE WIZARD~

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Aug 28 09 11:45 PM

QUOTE (bookfan23 @ August 28, 2009 05:14 am)
Im writing a book too.
I have the outline planned- but i have no idea how long it will go for.
It is the first in a trilogy.
I have a very rough idea about what will happen in the 2nd and 3rd.
It should be good though- and i have a name.
Im not going to reveal too much about it- hopefully one day it might get published- that would be great!!! flamelssecret/clap3.gif

Can some one help me with what publisher i should go to?
. Im 13
. THe book (series) is aimed towards my age group
. It is about witches and wizards
. It is an adventure/action

any ideas who i should send it to once im finished?
I would love to hear from you flamelssecret/clap3.gif flamelssecret/hyper_.gif

Um, first you will need a good summary, pretty much. But I advise you to go through an agent: the good ones cost nothing (except around 15% of royalty, usually) and they will know what publisher is best for you. Just ask Kiersten White! I am a HUGE fan of Random House, Simon & Schuster, and HarperTeen. I know those are the majors, but I think they have some of the best quality, for some reason...

If you get my sig, Azrael says hi. Unless you're a horrible person--then she REALLY says hi.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#19 [url]

Aug 29 09 3:47 AM

QUOTE (mr_mears @ August 27, 2009 06:22 am)
I got back from the local Fair today where I got a blue ribbon for one of my poetry pieces and I also got Meritorious Achievement on another one I entered.

I'd be willing to post them if ADMIN will allow it. This is Members Writing Projects thread but I'm not sure if we can actually post some of our work.

I've had a few messages on a similar note recently, so I thought I'd take a minute to explain our stance to you all, so that you may better understand it.

We're sorry but we can't allow you to post your own work on this forum, nor are we planning to expand this Writer's Corner section.

We have a unique relationship on this forum with the amount of interaction and particpation that Michael offers.

It is a reasonably well known fact that authors cannot read fan fiction works, it leaves them wide open to legal action.

If a work was posted here, and then a similar character or situation was to appear in one of Michael's works it could encourage a copyright lawsuit from the poster of the fan fiction, which would be unpleasant and costly for all involved.

I will not place Michael at that level of risk, and i'm sure that you guys wouldn't want me to either!

There are many good aspiring author sites and forums for all ages out there, so I recommend that you do some research, have a look around them and post your works on one that you like. You can then PM the link to other members that have expressed an interest in your work and get their opinions and input that way. This ensures that you get the feedback you desire, whilst keeping this forum and our relationship with Michael free from risk!

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Aug 29 09 4:29 AM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ August 29, 2009 03:47 am)
QUOTE (mr_mears @ August 27, 2009 06:22 am)

I've had a few messages on a similar note recently, so I thought I'd take a minute to explain our stance to you all, so that you may better understand it.

We're sorry but we can't allow you to post your own work on this forum, nor are we planning to expand this Writer's Corner section.

We have a unique relationship on this forum with the amount of interaction and particpation that Michael offers.

It is a reasonably well known fact that authors cannot read fan fiction works, it leaves them wide open to legal action.

If a work was posted here, and then a similar character or situation was to appear in one of Michael's works it could encourage a copyright lawsuit from the poster of the fan fiction, which would be unpleasant and costly for all involved.

I will not place Michael at that level of risk, and i'm sure that you guys wouldn't want me to either!

There are many good aspiring author sites and forums for all ages out there, so I recommend that you do some research, have a look around them and post your works on one that you like. You can then PM the link to other members that have expressed an interest in your work and get their opinions and input that way. This ensures that you get the feedback you desire, whilst keeping this forum and our relationship with Michael free from risk!

Thank you for answering me. I will do that.

user posted image

Aether is the solitary tenant of the Universe, it gives form to matter, but matter also occupies and manipulates Aether. All Physical existence derives its geometry from Aether.
Aura color: BLACK..........Aura Scent: Russian Olive Tree..........Magical Specialty: Alchemy.......... Elemental Magic: Aether/Time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help