Remove this ad

#141 [url]

Sep 16 11 12:44 AM

scouring arthurian legend. watched dozen of movies.not finding alot about him. alot about lancelot though.

user posted image
Aura Color:Fire Orange Aura Scent:Cayenne Elements: Fire Air Water Specialtys: Alchemy, Sorcerry and imaginatourie

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#142 [url]

Sep 16 11 2:04 PM

I'll have to look again in my mythology book--that and get the legend of Tristan and Isuelt.

EDIT: Can't find much on Palamedes. If I type "Palamedes" into a library catalogue, the only results are The Warlock, by Michael Scott, and audio books for the same. And I checked out the legend of Tristan and Isuelt, and scanned the pages--not much mention.

willshakespeare-immortalbard

user posted image
"And you know I never listen to you anyway." ~Will S, The Sorceress.

Quote    Reply   

#144 [url]

Jun 12 12 9:38 PM

I think that Palamedes' role in "The Enchantress" was the one I liked best. I absolutely loved the scene where he nearly died to save Will's life--it about brought tears to my eyes--and also the scene where he told Will what he saw on his tablet.
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful role. Wonderful character.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

merlin67

Spellcaster

#145 [url]

Jun 12 12 10:06 PM

QUOTE (willshakespeare-immortalbard @ June 13, 2012 05:38 am)
I think that Palamedes' role in "The Enchantress" was the one I liked best. I absolutely loved the scene where he nearly died to save Will's life--it about brought tears to my eyes--and also the scene where he told Will what he saw on his tablet.
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful role. Wonderful character.

what he saw on his tablet was almost the same as what sophie saw in the witches memories

user posted image
it is good to have an end to journey towards but in the end it is the journey that matters
Aura color: dark brown
Aura scent: freshly melted chocolate chips
Ability:the five elements Earth,Fire,water,air and CHEESE

Quote    Reply   

Papa Pat

Apprentice

#146 [url]

Jun 13 12 3:19 PM

QUOTE (willshakespeare-immortalbard @ September 16, 2011 07:04 am)
I'll have to look again in my mythology book--that and get the legend of Tristan and Isuelt.

EDIT: Can't find much on Palamedes. If I type "Palamedes" into a library catalogue, the only results are The Warlock, by Michael Scott, and audio books for the same. And I checked out the legend of Tristan and Isuelt, and scanned the pages--not much mention.

While you're looking for information on Isuelt, try Googling for Tristan and Isolde. This will give you a ton of information. Isolde is a more common spelling. Richard Wagner wrote an opera, "Tristan und Isolde", which tells the story in music. Possibly oveerdramatic music, but ...

My favorite quote from "The Simpsons": "Legend and Wikipedia tell us .... "

Aura color: Plaid.
Scent: Cilantro.

Quote    Reply   

#147 [url]

Jun 13 12 11:52 PM

QUOTE (Papa Pat @ June 13, 2012 10:19 am)

While you're looking for information on Isuelt, try Googling for Tristan and Isolde. This will give you a ton of information. Isolde is a more common spelling. Richard Wagner wrote an opera, "Tristan und Isolde", which tells the story in music. Possibly oveerdramatic music, but ...

My favorite quote from "The Simpsons": "Legend and Wikipedia tell us .... "

I read the actual "Legend of Tristan and Isuelt." He wasn't even mentioned. I've managed to find a little about him in a mythology book I bought when I was little, but not much, and nothing to expand upon.

But I got an idea about him. There was a Palamedes in the old Trojan War legend, and I'm thinking this might be our Palamedes. In "The Necromancer" Palamedes says--

I have been on this earth since before the time of Arthur
(emphasis added by me)

Why would Palamedes say before if he was only an Arthurian knight?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

history

#148 [url]

Jun 14 12 1:40 PM

When does Palamedes get his tablet? Because he wasn't there when She who watches give the tablets to Sophie and all. And in the enchantress he said that " The emerald tables Tsagaglalal gave me earlier...." then he mentioned the impromptu garden party. when was this? I am confused...

Quote    Reply   

merlin67

Spellcaster

#149 [url]

Jun 14 12 1:57 PM

QUOTE (history @ June 14, 2012 09:40 pm)
When does Palamedes get his tablet? Because he wasn't there when She who watches give the tablets to Sophie and all. And in the enchantress he said that " The emerald tables Tsagaglalal gave me earlier...." then he mentioned the impromptu garden party. when was this? I am confused...

iam also ry confused maybe abraham gave it to him i nneed to go check the warlock/enchantresss

user posted image
it is good to have an end to journey towards but in the end it is the journey that matters
Aura color: dark brown
Aura scent: freshly melted chocolate chips
Ability:the five elements Earth,Fire,water,air and CHEESE

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#150 [url]

Jun 14 12 7:23 PM

I'm thinking maybe he got it from Tsagaglalal at the crystal tower. flamelssecret/idk.gif Maybe Abraham used the strands of time so that they were semi-present at the garden party, though. But I'm really curious as to the exact wording of what was on the tablet Palamedes saw. Because apparently it showed him his past, and his future. And his role, and while we know what it is now, to some extent, I'd like to know what Palamedes thought of his part in the battle.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#151 [url]

Jun 15 12 1:46 AM

QUOTE (willshakespeare-immortalbard @ June 14, 2012 02:23 pm)
I'm thinking maybe he got it from Tsagaglalal at the crystal tower. flamelssecret/idk.gif Maybe Abraham used the strands of time so that they were semi-present at the garden party, though. But I'm really curious as to the exact wording of what was on the tablet Palamedes saw. Because apparently it showed him his past, and his future. And his role, and while we know what it is now, to some extent, I'd like to know what Palamedes thought of his part in the battle.

yea i remember scatty getting a message from abraham in the crystal tower, i think he had messages for all of them.

Quote    Reply   

#152 [url]

Jun 15 12 2:17 AM

Yeah, Abraham did speak to them. Maybe he gave them the tablets then...I have lots of other bizarre ideas, but none of them would ever happen.

On a different note, what does everybody think about Palamedes' scars--you know, the ones on his face?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#153 [url]

Jun 17 12 8:47 AM

I don't remember Palamedes (or any of the characters in his group for that matter) receiving an emerald tablet. However, in Chapter 54 of The Warlock, Abraham talked to Prometheus, Scathach, Joan, Germain, Palamedes, William Shakespeare, Tsagaglalal and Gilgamesh. Abraham somehow told them their roles in the upcoming war and he also told them briefly about their futures.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#154 [url]

Jun 19 12 1:16 AM

I'm still trying to figure that one out. Perhaps Tsagaglalal gave it to him through some time strand enigma...

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#155 [url]

Jun 21 12 7:16 PM

I was wondering about that too. Sophie has a vision of the same thing that Palamedes describes, but it is way before she gets her tablet. Perhaps Sophie was seeing the same thing that palamedes was seing whenever she recieves that vision somehow? I, too, am confused.

Quote    Reply   

#156 [url]

Jun 21 12 9:42 PM

QUOTE (hippogriff @ June 21, 2012 02:16 pm)
Perhaps Sophie was seeing the same thing that palamedes was seing whenever she recieves that vision somehow?

I'm really intrigued by that idea!! I mean, that's really cool. So you think maybe Palamedes saw what Sophie saw when she was helping Tsagaglalal in the Warlock? We know he saw more too, but...that's a cool idea.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#158 [url]

Jun 22 12 11:13 PM

I think it's a cool theory.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how Palamedes may have gotten his scars? I'm really curious. I like to think he got them defending Will from the lion-headed eagle on the Pyramid of the Sun.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help