Remove this ad

#1461 [url]

Feb 3 11 2:08 AM

Alrighty, I've got two questions I would like to ask...

1) Would you ever consider returning to the Flamel series in the future? You've really created such a rich world that really feels like its own unique place, so I've always gotten the feeling that so many series could be made from what you've created.

2) This is more of a writing question but...do you give yourself any time to "cool off" once you've finished a first draft? I've read that some authors like to wait a month or so to let their emotions about what they're written settle before they take the editing axe to it and would be interested in knowing your approach.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#1462 [url]

Feb 5 11 11:50 AM

QUOTE (cyndinmolino @ February 01, 2011 08:42 pm)
You mentioned most of your tours are concentrated on the east coast would that involve Pensacola florida?

I actually have no control over where I tour. Those decisions are made by the publisher. However, the Flamel series has taken me from one side of the US to the other and up and down both coasts.

I will tour for The Warlock probably around publication time in May, but I've no idea where yet. But all the dates will be published here on the forum.

Michael

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#1463 [url]

Feb 5 11 11:53 AM

QUOTE (Kurenai @ February 03, 2011 02:08 am)
Alrighty, I've got two questions I would like to ask...

1) Would you ever consider returning to the Flamel series in the future? You've really created such a rich world that really feels like its own unique place, so I've always gotten the feeling that so many series could be made from what you've created.

2) This is more of a writing question but...do you give yourself any time to "cool off" once you've finished a first draft? I've read that some authors like to wait a month or so to let their emotions about what they're written settle before they take the editing axe to it and would be interested in knowing your approach.

I am quite sure I will return to the world and deal with some of the hinted at stories.

The next series, The Earthlords, is vaguely linked to this series, and there are some clues in The Necromancer and The Warlock about that series.

And no, as soon as I finish the first draft, I turn right around and start again without delay. I do that to ensure that the "voice" that I finish the story is in the same tone that I start the story. I want to make sure that the style is consistent.

However, I do know many writers who put their book aside for a while (some even write a couple of short stories to clear their head) before returning to the manuscript.

Michael

Quote    Reply   

#1464 [url]

Feb 9 11 11:13 PM

Hi Michael,
I was wondering if any stories about Scathach were written in any of your other published books?

user posted image
Aura: Blue
Scent: Juniper
Element: Water

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#1465 [url]

Feb 11 11 11:56 AM

QUOTE (Bluejay @ February 09, 2011 11:13 pm)
Hi Michael,
I was wondering if any stories about Scathach were written in any of your other published books?

Yes, I do believe she turns up in some of the stories in the Irish Folk & Fairy Tale series. (In fact, it would be impossible to do a collection of Irish folklore without including her and her sister.)

There is also the suggestion that Robert E Howard, who created Conan in the 1930's, also based his character Red Sonia off Scathach. Howard loved his Celtic myths and knew them well enough to write a series called Cormac Mac Art.

Michael

Quote    Reply   

#1467 [url]

Feb 13 11 3:17 AM

Did Gilgamesh have an aura before Abraham made him immortal?

Aura colour: blue, titanium and red
Scent: Limestone caves
Magic learnt: Shape/aura shifting and lightning

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#1468 [url]

Feb 13 11 5:31 PM

QUOTE (Mortal Elder @ February 12, 2011 08:32 pm)
If immortals turn into dust when they die, then why did Machiavelli visited Nicholas and Perenelle's tomb?
Quote    Reply   
Quote    Reply   

#1470 [url]

Feb 14 11 1:27 AM

Will all the characters identities/masters be revealed by book six?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1472 [url]

Feb 14 11 6:33 PM

Mr. Scott,,Are the 1. and 2. World War a fault of the Elder, and if its so, what elders was on the Allies or The Entente side ?

I'm the German Translator, if you need one :)Aura: Saffron Scent: Gun Powder Magics: Necromancy, Alchemy Weapons: Kusanagi no Tsurugi

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#1473 [url]

Feb 15 11 1:38 PM

QUOTE (bookmaneitan @ February 14, 2011 01:27 am)
Will all the characters identities/masters be revealed by book six?
Quote    Reply   
Quote    Reply   

#1475 [url]

Feb 16 11 9:44 PM

I don't really want to ask you a Question,instead of this I want to thank you for your arrangement. Today is the 4. Book in Germany released and it has the bad titel ,,Der Geisterrufer/ The Ghostcaller´´, so in the end they doesn't change the titel. But a famous slogan says: The attempt is everything, that counts. Even throught we keep having the bad title, so were able to raise our hopes. It shows that even we normal fans can do something against such a problem and misunderstanding. And for this chance I and maybe all German fans want to thank you, for your efforts.

Btw. Please forgive me my language mistakes

I'm the German Translator, if you need one :)Aura: Saffron Scent: Gun Powder Magics: Necromancy, Alchemy Weapons: Kusanagi no Tsurugi

Quote    Reply   

JLB

Sorcerer

#1476 [url]

Feb 16 11 9:49 PM

We know that during World War II, Scathach was fighting with the Russians, Machiavelli was fighting with the Germans, and Joan and Germain were working with the French Resistence. What other Immortals/Elders/Next Generation were part of World War II?

user posted image
Carpe diem, et non dimittet.

Quote    Reply   

#1477 [url]

Feb 17 11 10:53 PM

Will the norns Verðandi , Urðr , and Skuld appear in the books?
since they live in Urðarbrunnr.Urðarbrunnr is cited as one of three wells existing beneath three roots of Yggdrasil that reach into three distant, different lands.

Quote    Reply   

#1478 [url]

Feb 18 11 5:17 AM

Hi Mr Scott! I have a question for you! Will it be clear at the end of The Warlock (by the way its cover is awesome!) who is the titular character? With The Necromancer it was a bit confusing!
Hope you are doing great!

user posted image
Aura colour: Dark Grey
Aura scent: Raspberries
Element: Earth
Magic: Alchemy

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#1479 [url]

Feb 18 11 1:46 PM

QUOTE (leankaus @ February 18, 2011 05:17 am)
Hi Mr Scott! I have a question for you! Will it be clear at the end of The Warlock (by the way its cover is awesome!) who is the titular character? With The Necromancer it was a bit confusing!
Hope you are doing great!

Well, I cannot talk about the Warlock at the moment, since we're so close to publication.

I'm not sure how the confusion about the title character in The Necromancer arose. Necromancy means calling the dead, and Josh calls Coatlique. Dee says to Josh directly, I'll make you a necromancer.

There was never any attempt on my part to confuse the readers.

Michael

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#1480 [url]

Feb 18 11 3:21 PM

I was working on something the other day and had a terrible case of writers block, as I'm sure most everyone has had at one point or another.

What sort things do you do to get yourself unblocked, or to keep yourself from getting blocked?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help