Remove this ad

#1441 [url]

Jan 27 11 9:35 PM

Good one silver, Mr.Scott why did you make one of your pen names Schot?

[scott]

flamelssecret/icon_bounce.gif flamelssecret/icon_bounce.gif flamelssecret/icon_bounce.gif flamelssecret/icon_bounce.gif flamelssecret/icon_bounce.gif

Aura color:Green/Gray
Aura sent:Rain/Pomagranets
Magic:Earth and Air
Type:Magician

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#1442 [url]

Jan 28 11 3:26 PM

QUOTE (Eon @ January 21, 2011 09:57 pm)
while looking up on scathach i found out she had a daughter called uathach.
so may i ask do you plan to write her in?
Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#1443 [url]

Jan 28 11 3:28 PM

QUOTE (JuLiSsA2 @ January 23, 2011 03:01 pm)
Will you be doing some sort of tour for the Warlock?

Thank You,

Julissa
Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#1444 [url]

Jan 28 11 3:29 PM

QUOTE (JoyeuseOne @ January 26, 2011 04:12 am)
QUOTE (Michael Scott)
No Newton (yet). But we do learn a little about Dee's predecessor in book 3. And here's a question. In book one, Hekate talks about someone killed by a hailstone. Anyone have any idea who it was? Michael
Mr. Scott, you posted this a year or two back and I was wondering if anyone had guessed correctly yet or not? I've trawled through the site but I didn't see an answer. If not: is it possible that the individual Hekate described as a 'man of Scots' from the '1200s' - the man she first Awakened yet later killed with a hailstone - possibly be Alexander III who died in 1286 under mysterious circumstances and/or weather conditions? flamelssecret/idk.gif
AND
There are 5 magics and 5 elements: Do the 5 elements correspond each to a specific magic or do the magics utilize bits of all the elements in order to function properly?
Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#1445 [url]

Jan 28 11 3:31 PM

QUOTE (Papa Pat @ January 22, 2011 11:18 pm)
Great article in the Feb. 2011 issue of National Geographic on the Paris catacombs, including a nice picture of a carving of Cernunnos himself. Will fit quite well with my reading of The Magician at school!

Speaking of Cernunnos, all I've been able to find regarding pronunciation of the name is either KAIR-noo-nos or kair-NOO-nos. Michael, can you add your insight to this, please?

Thanks
Pat
Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#1446 [url]

Jan 28 11 3:32 PM

QUOTE (stevieray86 @ January 27, 2011 05:19 pm)
Mr. Scott

I was wondering if the Five Invasions of Ancient Ireland might be a good place to look for clues in your amazing book series. Thank you for your time and once again I love your books.

Steven
Concerned Humani
Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#1447 [url]

Jan 28 11 3:33 PM

QUOTE (mandorian @ January 27, 2011 09:35 pm)
Good one silver, Mr.Scott why did you make one of your pen names Schot?

[scott]

flamelssecret/icon_bounce.gif flamelssecret/icon_bounce.gif flamelssecret/icon_bounce.gif flamelssecret/icon_bounce.gif flamelssecret/icon_bounce.gif
Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#1448 [url]

Jan 28 11 3:46 PM

QUOTE (Spiritdragon @ January 26, 2011 07:54 pm)
Hi there

CAN you please let me know if there are plans to release all (of your) back catalogue on Kindle Ebook Format? I am dying to read some of the other books written. I love Irish Mythology and have read about the Sidhe - from the likes of Kenneth Flint and Morgan LLewellyn...

Please read the CoC regarding the sharing of personal information, and asking for Michael to contact you directly. Thanks. Kris/dreaming

Truncated your message to remove some not so board friendly talk... ~hitmanjls

All the best and Keep Writing !!!

James
Quote    Reply   

#1449 [url]

Jan 28 11 7:22 PM

QUOTE (JoyeuseOne @ January 26, 2011 04:12 am)
QUOTE (Michael Scott)
No Newton (yet). But we do learn a little about Dee's predecessor in book 3. And here's a question. In book one, Hekate talks about someone killed by a hailstone. Anyone have any idea who it was? Michael

**removed language related to modern religion. Please see the CoC. Thanks. Kris/dreaming

and the fact that the Norse goddess Skadi was both goddess of ice and hail, and vengeance....

But, as modern religions won't be used, and only Odin has been mentioned, I am clueless.

So my question is, Have we met or heard about either the victim or the killer who used the hailstone before?

Quote    Reply   

#1450 [url]

Jan 28 11 7:56 PM

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ January 28, 2011 09:29 am)
I think someone guessed the name of the gentleman killed by a hailstone of the forum earlier, but no, it is not Alexander.

I can give you a clue: Dante's Inferno.

Michael

flamelssecret/clap3.gif Thanks for taking the time to reply, Mr. Scott, I know you've been super busy and I'm really excited to read the next installment. In response to your answer, I have to say I feel like a real flamelssecret/confused0058.gif because my dunce cap is made of iron to protect my fragile skull. Did you mean that particular 'Scot' as Hecate's victim?

We see a lot of Immortal characters and Elders, generally they do not appeared to have aged a day unless they are reliant upon an external substance for immortality, as the Flamels are. But Dora was actually quite old in appearance. Could that be because she gave pieces of herself away over the millenia, wrapping the living in her "auric energies" to provide them knowledge?

Nosce Te Ipsum/Know Thyself - One joy shatters a hundred griefs.
The promise given was a necessity of the past: the word broken is a necessity of the present. - Niccolo Machiavelli
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die. - H.P. Lovecraft
A prince never lacks legitimate reasons to break his promise. - Niccolo Machiavelli
user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1451 [url]

Jan 29 11 3:47 AM

I know this isn't important but anyway, do you enjoy us trying to guess who's this or what's gonna happen next or something like that?

user posted image
Aura Color:Blue
Aura Scent:Peaches
Element:Air,Fire,Water,&Earth
The bravest and most courageous people are those who find happiness in the darkest of times.

Quote    Reply   

Eon

Spellcaster

#1452 [url]

Jan 29 11 12:44 PM

1 question to ask if i may, is the language of danu talis the 'original' language?

Aura:Ocean Green
Scent:A Turf Fire

user posted image
Níl aon saoí gan locht - No wiseman is without fault

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#1453 [url]

Jan 29 11 2:06 PM

QUOTE (orik @ January 29, 2011 04:47 am)
I know this isn't important but anyway, do you enjoy us trying to guess who's this or what's gonna happen next or something like that?

I do know the answer to that... yes he does, very much so! He really enjoys seeing how much thought and research you guys put into some of your theories and posts, and is often surprised to see how close some of you get to situations that are about to happen, or characters that he is about to introduce! That's why he pops in most days! flamelssecret/clap3.gif

Quote    Reply   

#1454 [url]

Jan 31 11 2:52 PM

This question popped into my head last night: Are the Ouroboros the Dark Elders use as their insignia and Jörmungandr "The Midgard Serpent" related?

user posted image
Don't you know who I am? I'm the one who have cheated death!

Aura Color:Amarant
Aura Scent:Cinnamon

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#1455 [url]

Jan 31 11 11:59 PM

QUOTE (AlchemistMaster @ January 31, 2011 02:52 pm)
This question popped into my head last night: Are the Ouroboros the Dark Elders use as their insignia and Jörmungandr "The Midgard Serpent" related?
Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#1456 [url]

Feb 1 11 12:00 AM

QUOTE (Eon @ January 29, 2011 12:44 pm)
1 question to ask if i may, is the language of danu talis the 'original' language?
Quote    Reply   

#1457 [url]

Feb 1 11 6:13 AM

Dear Miicheal Scott,

I have a very strange question. When you write do you find it more difficult or less, not to allow outside influence?

What little research I've done following the story, you've taken characters that are from deep bodies of work, and they are but they aren't the same. That definitive line between the two is so crazy sharp!!! Wow. I pray that unto you the responsibility of * writting awesomely * is not a burden . whatever you do don't stop.

Best wishes and Wonderful Meals
I.I. Longfeather

Ps. J. Dee? 007? he must pay Charon two silver coins. No good deed goes unpunished.

user posted image
Cthulhu fhtagn
Aura: Octopus Ink Pink
Scent: Vetivert

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#1458 [url]

Feb 1 11 2:24 PM

QUOTE (Icarus Iscariot @ February 01, 2011 06:13 am)
Dear Miicheal Scott,

I have a very strange question. When you write do you find it more difficult or less, not to allow outside influence?

What little research I've done following the story, you've taken characters that are from deep bodies of work, and they are but they aren't the same. That definitive line between the two is so crazy sharp!!! Wow. I pray that unto you the responsibility of * writting awesomely * is not a burden . whatever you do don't stop.

Best wishes and Wonderful Meals
I.I. Longfeather

Ps. J. Dee? 007? he must pay Charon two silver coins. No good deed goes unpunished.

It is an interesting question - and I always answer those!

Some writers come up with the characters first and build the story about them, others create the story and then fit the characters into their tales. I began with the story - specifically the idea of using the great myths from all across the world and tying them together.

Once I had the story outline (which was very, very detailed), I populated it with the characters I needed. For example, I could not have my twins wandering around Paris without meeting the most famous French warrior, Joan of Arc. So there we have an example of the location suggesting the character. Other characters - like Dee and Machiavelli - were in the book from the very beginning.

Once the story and characters are in place, nothing must interfere with that because, of course, a single change impacts across the entire tale.

So, to answer your question: no, I allow no outside influences.

And I'm sure Dee will pay a price ... though to whom is a different matter!

Michael

Quote    Reply   

#1459 [url]

Feb 1 11 3:34 PM

Cum potestas in populo auctoritas in Micheal Scott sit. (translation: While power resides in the people, authority rests with the Micheal Scott)

Thank you very much.

**please remember, that even with Latin, translations should be provided. English is the main language of the board and we want to make sure everyone can read all the posts. thanks! kris/dreaming**

user posted image
Cthulhu fhtagn
Aura: Octopus Ink Pink
Scent: Vetivert

Quote    Reply   

#1460 [url]

Feb 1 11 8:42 PM

You mentioned most of your tours are concentrated on the east coast would that involve Pensacola florida?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help