Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Oct 5 08 1:29 AM

Tags : :

Have you any questions on the series that you'd really like answered by Michael Scott himself? (and before you even think to ask it, no you can't have the answer to who wins at the final summoning! lol) then please post them here, I can't promise that he'll answer quickly, or that he'll answer every one ( the rest of us will try to answer where we can too) , but he is a member of this forum and he has said he'll pop in from time to time to answer questions!
So that Michael can see the questions clearly, please keep chat off this thread!
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#1 [url]

Oct 12 08 4:20 AM

Hey Michael, thanks a bunch for coming on and answering fan questions! Thats really cool of you.

I do have a question that was bugging me the other day. How is John Dee an immortal? I honestly can't remember it being said in The Alchemyst. Obviously Flamel is because he guards the codec and takes the elixir of life.

Is it because he had his senses awoken by an elder? and if so, then is Sophie now an immortal?

(sorry if any of this is answered in The Magician. I haven't got to it yet.)

Cheers!
Hit

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#2 [url]

Oct 12 08 10:01 AM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ October 12, 2008 05:20 am)

I do have a question that was bugging me the other day. How is John Dee an immortal?

Is it because he had his senses awoken by an elder? and if so, then is Sophie now an immortal?

I can answer part of that question for you hitman, Dr Dee is an immortal because he was made immortal by a Dark Elder, we don't know who Dr Dee's Dark Elder is yet, but just as he was given the immortality by an Elder, so the Elder can take it away again, so having the codex has an extra importance to Dr Dee because it will mean he will have the recipe for the elixir and safeguard his own immortality, should his Dark Elder choose to revoke the immortality gift. You do get a bit more of the explanation on immortality and the Elders in The Magician.
As for the question of Sophie, that is a question for Michael!

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#3 [url]

Oct 14 08 5:32 PM

Thanks Zeph!

I do have another question though. In The Alchemyst after the Shadow Realm was destroyed, the group is driving to see the Witch of Endor. Flamel and Scathach seem to think that she'll be "difficult", but once they arrive she is very gracious and willing to help... Not at all what I expected. And even more so she willingly gives up her powers and helps them escape at the cost of her property.

Why were Flamel and Scathach so sure it wouldn't be easy to obtain her help?

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Oct 15 08 1:22 AM

I might be able to add a piece here. I had the pleasure of hearing Michael speak at a book signing in Austin, of all places. He also signed my books. One really interesting thing he said was that the six books in the series should really be considered as one big novel and that he has planted information in one book which will pay off in the other.

He also hinted that Flamel was not to be trusted when someone in the audience asked was Nicholas really on the level. He reminded us that Scathach told Sophie and Josh that they only people they could trust were one another.

He said that there were a couple of really big revelations in book 3 and we would get to see and hear a lot more about Dee's masters.

TV

Quote    Reply   

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#5 [url]

Oct 18 08 1:54 AM

I see a few references to Book 3 here - can we know the title and expected (at the moment, I know it can always change) publication date?

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#7 [url]

Oct 19 08 12:04 AM

QUOTE (dreamingofedward @ October 18, 2008 02:54 am)
I see a few references to Book 3 here - can we know the title and expected (at the moment, I know it can always change) publication date?

Hitman has it right indeed, the next book, The Sorceress will be released May 26th 2009 flamelssecret/clap3.gif

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Oct 20 08 8:55 PM

id like to know who the magician the title of the the second book refers to.. its been itching at the back of my mind and id like an answer to this question

i will accept only an answer from Michael i desire truth! XD flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif \

3rd book needs to come out sooner T_T i cant wait for it its my favorite series by far right now

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#9 [url]

Oct 21 08 3:37 AM

QUOTE (John @ October 20, 2008 09:55 pm)

i will accept only an answer from Michael i desire truth! XD flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif \

We all have lots of questions as you do John, but please bear in mind that we can't demand answers from Michael flamelssecret/rulez.gif (please read the Code of Conduct!), all we can do is ask our questions politely and flamelssecret/pray.gif that he chooses to answer them! Where one of us has an answer that we're sure is correct we'll happily share it..but on this one..it is a discussion point that i see you've been enjoying with us in the other threads! flamelssecret/clap3.gif

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#10 [url]

Oct 23 08 6:01 AM

QUOTE (John @ October 20, 2008 08:55 pm)
id like to know who the magician the title of the the second book refers to.. its been itching at the back of my mind and id like an answer to this question

3rd book needs to come out sooner T_T i cant wait for it its my favorite series by far right now

John, I've just answered this quesion elsewhere on this forum ...

I would love the books to come out sooner, but that is a publishers decision, not mine. Most publishers like to see one book a year from an author

Michael

Michael Scott

www.dillonscott.com
www.secretsofnicholasflamel.com
www.thealchemyst.co.uk
www.alchemyst.jp
www.elalquimistaflamel.com
www.nicholas-flamel.de
http://www.randomhouse.com/author/results....?authorid=27479
http://www.randomhouse.co.uk/catalog/autho...m?authorID=6740
http://www.randomhouse.com.au/house/index.asp

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Oct 23 08 7:17 PM

The first time an author has ever spoken to me T_T i am so happy T_T xDD!!
Thank you thank you and im sure alot of people are glad that question was answered ^^

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#12 [url]

Oct 27 08 3:45 AM

On the topic of auras I have a question too I was wondering if there is any significance in the closeness that Scatty has with Jeanne and Sophie?
Scatty warns the twins not to trust anyone, yet she seems to trust these two, They both have auras of pure silver, is that just a co-incidence or something we should pay special attention to?

QUOTE (John Posted: October 27 @ 2008 05:02 am)

I also have the same question as Zeph

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Oct 27 08 6:38 AM

I have a theory that the color of each book cover represents a person's aura? I'm guessing, since the extent of Perenelle's powers haven't been confirmed. i'd like to ask Michael, is my theory correct?
If "The Sorceress" in the title refers to Perenelle, Will her aura's color be purplish-blue?
Also, is the spider on the cover of the sorceress Aerop-Enap?
And does Poseidon make an appearance in the 3rd book?

I understand, if these questions are unanswerable, but could you give me a few hints? I'm eager to find out so much

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#14 [url]

Oct 28 08 4:02 AM

If any of you guys are wondering where all the talk about auras and book covers are, i've made them into new threads as there were so many good theories! I've left the original questions here for Michael but the rest have been moved so we can continue those very interesting discussions without clogging this thread up! flamelssecret/clap3.gif

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#16 [url]

Nov 4 08 1:38 AM

QUOTE (Kочевой волк @ October 31, 2008 11:48 pm)
I have a bit of a weird question. Do you believe in any of the stuff in the books, such as the elders or auras?

On the topic of auras i retain an open mind..on some biological level it makes sense to me..since our bodies are mainly composed of water, minerals and salts they are in effect giant batteries..so the fact that we could radiate electrical pulses i find plausible..whether or not the claims and photos people take of auras are authentic..i'm undecided but open!

Hmm as for elders, well for me that borders almost on religious grounds..which we do ask people not to get into on the forum. But, that is just my perspective..

Quote    Reply   

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#17 [url]

Nov 6 08 5:15 AM

I would like to know if you have any input on the cover art? I know that sometimes authors do and sometimes they don't. I am curious which one is the case here.

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#18 [url]

Nov 10 08 12:34 AM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ October 12, 2008 04:20 am)
Hey Michael, thanks a bunch for coming on and answering fan questions!  Thats really cool of you.

I do have a question that was bugging me the other day.  How is John Dee an immortal?  I honestly can't remember it being said in The Alchemyst.  Obviously Flamel is because he guards the codec and takes the elixir of life.

Is it because he had his senses awoken by an elder?  and if so, then is Sophie now an immortal?

(sorry if any of this is answered in The Magician.  I haven't got to it yet.)

Cheers!
Hit

No. Immortality is a specific gift. There are three ways to become immortal - here's a quote from the book (I'm using the original manscript which might differ ever so slightly from the printed book.)
Over the centuries, the Flamels had come into contact with three entirely different types of immortal humans. There were the Ancients – now perhaps no more than a handful still alive - who hailed from Earth’s very distant past. Some had witnessed the entire span of human history and it had made them more, and less, than human.

Then there were a few others who, like Nicholas and Perenelle, had discovered for themselves how to become immortal. Down through the millennia, the secrets of alchemy had been discovered, lost and rediscovered countless times. One of the greatest secrets of alchemy was the formula for immortality. And all alchemy – and possibly even modern science – had one single source: the Book of Abraham the Mage.

Then there were those who had been given the gift of immortality. These were humans who had, either accidentally or deliberately, come to the attention of one or other of the Elders who had remained in this world after the Fall of Danu Talis. The Elders were always on the look-out for people of exceptional or unusual ability to recruit to their cause. And in return for their service, the Elders granted their followers extended life. It was a gift very few humans could refuse. It was also a gift that ensured absolute, unswerving loyalty ... because it could be withdrawn as quickly as it had been given.

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#19 [url]

Nov 10 08 12:43 AM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ October 14, 2008 05:32 pm)
Thanks Zeph!

I do have another question though. In The Alchemyst after the Shadow Realm was destroyed, the group is driving to see the Witch of Endor. Flamel and Scathach seem to think that she'll be "difficult", but once they arrive she is very gracious and willing to help... Not at all what I expected. And even more so she willingly gives up her powers and helps them escape at the cost of her property.

Why were Flamel and Scathach so sure it wouldn't be easy to obtain her help?
Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#20 [url]

Nov 10 08 12:44 AM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ October 27, 2008 03:45 am)
On the topic of auras I have a question too I was wondering if there is any significance in the closeness that Scatty has with Jeanne and Sophie?
Scatty warns the twins not to trust anyone, yet she seems to trust these two, They both have auras of pure silver, is that just a co-incidence or something we should pay special attention to?

QUOTE (John Posted: October 27 @ 2008 05:02 am)

I also have the same question as Zeph
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help