Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Aug 26 09 11:49 PM

I've spent the last few hours going through Scatty, The Morrigan, The Author, and Aoife threads can't find any reference of Michael stating The Morrigan isn't Scatty's mother. Can someone point me to that please? flamelssecret/love0030.gif

user posted image

Aura Color: Émeraude
Aura Scent: Garlic and Onions sautéing in Butter
Latin Motto: Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#42 [url]

Aug 27 09 4:00 AM

QUOTE (Lucothea @ August 26, 2009 10:25 pm)
Since we are talking about the Elders (and Aoife) I wanted to run something else past you ...
We know from the books that Mars was married to The Witch. We also know that Bastet was Mars' sister. We also know that The Morrigan is Bastet's niece ... does that mean that The Morrigan is Mars and The Witch's daughter? Also, since Scatty and Aoife are granddaughters of The Witch, does that make The Morrigan their mother?

I don't know where exactly in the forums but MS said the Witch and the Morrigan is not blood related.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#43 [url]

Aug 27 09 7:45 PM

Aoife and Scatty are grand-daughters to The Witch. I guess I just assumed that would make them grand-daughters to Mars too but that's not necessarily true. Yes, the Witch was married to him but that was a long time ago ... could she have married again? If not, then the only other way The Morrigan wouldn't be related would be if Bastet is/was married and The Morrigan is the daughter of her husband's sibling? Or is it that Bastet and Mars have yet another sibling? flamelssecret/idk.gif
I really thought Aoife and Scatty got their cunning and war-like abilities from their grandfather!

user posted image

Aura Color: Émeraude
Aura Scent: Garlic and Onions sautéing in Butter
Latin Motto: Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#44 [url]

Aug 27 09 8:27 PM

But there is this description of what we could assume is Scatty and Aoife's mother in The Magician... Who else do we know with Red eyes...

QUOTE (The Magician)
What about your family? The Witch of Endor mentioned your mother and brother. Even as she was speaking, images from the Witch's memories popped into her mind: a sharp-faced older woman with bloodred eyes and an ashen-skinned young man with blazing red hair.

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Aug 27 09 8:39 PM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ August 27, 2009 08:27 pm)
But there is this description of what we could assume is Scatty and Aoife's mother in The Magician... Who else do we know with Red eyes...

QUOTE (The Magician)
What about your family? The Witch of Endor mentioned your mother and brother. Even as she was speaking, images from the Witch's memories popped into her mind: a sharp-faced older woman with bloodred eyes and an ashen-skinned young man with blazing red hair.

Could it beeeee... MARS

user posted image

Aether is the solitary tenant of the Universe, it gives form to matter, but matter also occupies and manipulates Aether. All Physical existence derives its geometry from Aether.
Aura color: BLACK..........Aura Scent: Russian Olive Tree..........Magical Specialty: Alchemy.......... Elemental Magic: Aether/Time

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Aug 27 09 10:26 PM

Since we are talking about the Elders (and Aoife) I wanted to run something else past you ...
We know from the books that Mars was married to The Witch. We also know that Bastet was Mars' sister. We also know that The Morrigan is Bastet's niece ... does that mean that The Morrigan is Mars and The Witch's daughter? Also, since Scatty and Aoife are granddaughters of The Witch, does that make The Morrigan their mother?

Well I tip my hat to you for even trying to figure out the Elder family tree because it is a bit to much for me, but on P.23 of the Sorceress thread Michael says that Scatty and the Morrigan are not related, but kudos for looking into it. flamelssecret/clap3.gif

The only other beings with red eyes that stand out to me are the Gabriel Hounds, but maybe because that is the direction I have been zeroing in on. However they do go into intelligent upright beings.

user posted image
Aura: Sage
Scent: Old and New Books

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#47 [url]

Aug 27 09 11:43 PM

QUOTE (Lucy @ August 27, 2009 05:26 pm)
The only other beings with red eyes that stand out to me are the Gabriel Hounds, but maybe because that is the direction I have been zeroing in on.  However they do go into intelligent upright beings.

Mr. Mears got it right... I was obviously referring to Mars, as he is married to Dora, which is Scatty and presumably Aoife's Grandmother.

On a side note... Any thoughts about Aoife being a clone of Scatty? Just throwing it out there...

Quote    Reply   

Fuzzbinn

Sorcerer

#49 [url]

Aug 28 09 1:19 AM

QUOTE (Blazing star @ August 28, 2009 01:10 am)
I don't think Aoife is her clone, i think they're just sisters.
But, that would be an interesting idea...

Agreed. Not seeing the whole clone thing. Although, the Elders had perfected cloning according to Dee...

Aura Color: Sunset Orange..........Scent: Pomegranate
Fearus the Fuzzbinnus! Cave Fuzzum!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain."...."It's time to toss the dice."
"I don't want a happy ending. I want more story" - Francis Hardinge, Fly By Night
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Aug 28 09 2:32 AM

I was reading some of the posts, and when the "ashen-skinned young man with blazing red hair" part came up, I couldn't help but think of Prometheus. But we already know that Prometheus is Scatty's uncle, so also Aoife's uncle. Looking at siblings to Prometheus could yeild some clues. His three brothers are Menoetius, Atlas, and Epimetheus. There is no mention of a sister.

user posted image
"Be who you are, what you were, what they see. From eternity's view, tell me which one is me." -Epiphany, TSO
Aura color: GOLD..........Scent: Burning matches

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#51 [url]

Aug 28 09 5:36 AM

QUOTE (Lucy @ August 27, 2009 10:26 pm)

Well I tip my hat to you for even trying to figure out the Elder family tree because it is a bit to much for me, but on P.23 of the Sorceress thread Michael says that Scatty and the Morrigan are not related, but kudos for looking into it. flamelssecret/clap3.gif

The only other beings with red eyes that stand out to me are the Gabriel Hounds, but maybe because that is the direction I have been zeroing in on. However they do go into intelligent upright beings.

The Morrigan being neice to Bastet doesn't neccessarily make her Mars and Endor's daughter. She can be a neice through marriage or daughter of another sibling of Bastet and Mars flamelssecret/idk.gif but i definately agree w/ hitman and mears Mars would be the grandfather of Aoife and Scatty. i don't think the Witch ever remarried again.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#52 [url]

Aug 28 09 6:39 PM

QUOTE (Fuzzbinn @ August 28, 2009 01:19 am)

Agreed. Not seeing the whole clone thing. Although, the Elders had perfected cloning according to Dee...

And as much as the Edlers fear/dislike Scatty WHY would they clone her?

user posted image

Aether is the solitary tenant of the Universe, it gives form to matter, but matter also occupies and manipulates Aether. All Physical existence derives its geometry from Aether.
Aura color: BLACK..........Aura Scent: Russian Olive Tree..........Magical Specialty: Alchemy.......... Elemental Magic: Aether/Time

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#53 [url]

Aug 28 09 7:28 PM

QUOTE (mr_mears @ August 28, 2009 01:39 pm)
QUOTE (Fuzzbinn @ August 28, 2009 01:19 am)

And as much as the Edlers fear/dislike Scatty WHY would they clone her?

I really have no credence to back up my theory of cloning... It's really just one of those crazy ideas! And with the heavy emphasis on twins in this series, that's a lot more likely...

But, I wouldn't say ALL the Elders dislike her... Certainly all the Dark Elders do! But, I'm sure there are a handful that are fond of her.

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Aug 28 09 8:40 PM

I'm fond of her... but I'm no Elder

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Aug 29 09 9:02 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ August 20, 2009 08:36 am)
QUOTE (silvertouch @ August 20, 2009 04:35 am)

How do you say Aoife? Eef?

Zeph says its Ee-fah.. it sounds french-ish to me.

I don't think she knows that Scatty is lost in time, since she was looking for her, but I think she was keeping tabs on Scatty. we all know they are rivals and what better way to surpass them is to keep a close eye on them. Maybe she knew Scatty used the leygate to SF but doesn't know she didn't get there in time

I agree that Aoife is keeping tabs on Scatty because there is this saying: Keep your friends close but keep your enemy/rival closer.

Aura:Sunshine Yellow
Scent:Ozone

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

Aug 31 09 1:43 AM

QUOTE (flamelfan#1 @ July 07, 2009 02:13 am)
QUOTE (Spacecadet @ July 06, 2009 10:08 pm)
QUOTE (aquose @ July 06, 2009 09:05 pm)
QUOTE (Zephfire @ July 06, 2009 05:50 pm)
You've only had the briefest introduction to Aoife, and already she seems to be up to no good! Why is she seeking Scatty..and what will she do if she finds her?

Scatty and Joan have only been gone a day so how dose she know She's missing?

Maybe its some kind of twin connection ... or maybe Aoife has someone watching Scathach

hmph I know from personal expperience there is no such thing as a twin connection.
I think that Aoife is against Scathach and wants her dead - possibly some sort of grudge. maybe she stole her dolly when they were little.

Actually, in Celtic mythology, Aoife is not considered Scathach's twin, but her main rival.

Aura Color: Dark Blue
Aura Scent: Juniper Berries

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

Aug 31 09 2:18 AM

QUOTE (alphasmith @ August 31, 2009 01:43 am)
QUOTE (flamelfan#1 @ July 07, 2009 02:13 am)
QUOTE (Spacecadet @ July 06, 2009 10:08 pm)
QUOTE (aquose @ July 06, 2009 09:05 pm)
QUOTE (Zephfire @ July 06, 2009 05:50 pm)
You've only had the briefest introduction to Aoife, and already she seems to be up to no good! Why is she seeking Scatty..and what will she do if she finds her?

Scatty and Joan have only been gone a day so how dose she know She's missing?

Maybe its some kind of twin connection ... or maybe Aoife has someone watching Scathach

hmph I know from personal expperience there is no such thing as a twin connection.
I think that Aoife is against Scathach and wants her dead - possibly some sort of grudge. maybe she stole her dolly when they were little.

Actually, in Celtic mythology, Aoife is not considered Scathach's twin, but her main rival.

In some legends it says that she is Scatty sister, but not necessarily her twin.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#58 [url]

Aug 31 09 2:38 PM

QUOTE (mrprecise @ August 30, 2009 10:18 pm)
QUOTE (alphasmith @ August 31, 2009 01:43 am)

In some legends it says that she is Scatty sister, but not necessarily her twin.

There are many variations of the story. In one, it says they are twins, and that Cuchulainn was actually shocked to see how alike they looked.

user posted image
Each Event is proceeded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event.
~Zurin Arctus|The Underking

Aura color: Indigo
Scent: Blooming trees

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Aug 31 09 7:11 PM

Ok, but I have one question. Why does she want to know what happened to Scatty if she considers her an embarresement unless she's keeping tabs on her???? She's like better of in her opinion without Scatty.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Sep 5 09 8:45 PM

As much as Aoife may dislike Scathach I doubt she would let her die, family is family and I doubt anyone would let their twin die unless they were like 'I want to take over the world!'

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"- Albert Einstein

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help