Remove this ad

#321 [url]

Oct 27 11 10:44 PM

QUOTE (adVinci @ October 27, 2011 02:55 am)
QUOTE (Janus the Two-Faced God @ October 26, 2011 05:05 am)
QUOTE (Dr.JohnDee2010 @ October 26, 2011 04:52 am)
im so excited for the story! billy is such a...NORMAL person, like i would be best friends with him. seriously.

What do you mean him being a NORMAL person. He is normal except for his being immortal..

Although I can't answer for Dr.JohnDee2010, I would interpret the comment as meaning that Billy the Kid is one character you can relate to, more so than other characters. He is a classic American hero, he's very much a human character with strengths and weaknesses, etc.

I agree. I probably relate to him better than I do the twins. I also relate to his history a lot more. He got in a lot of trouble for standing up for a friend who'd been wronged, and I've done that before. On a much smaller scale.

He is a very straightforward character, but I feel like he knows a lot more than he appears to.
I think it might be the opposite, Janus, He pretends NOT to know something.

.....I nearly typed "Iane", instead of Janus. My latin nerdiness terrifies even me sometimes.

user posted image
Aura colorAmber
Aura scent:Cedar boughs

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Spellcaster

#322 [url]

Oct 28 11 1:40 AM

I meant relatable. (is that a word?) Like I could meet him at a party and we'd be friends. but yeah, snaps on how much he knows. I feel like he's sorta I guess taken for granted? like he's there and everyones like "oh it's billy. well he's not even 100, nobody cares." except for black hawk, who knows how scary billy is. I mean, his name is Billy! Nobody born in the Renaissance or who helped Elizabeth plan annexation of America (like John) is going to notice a BILLY.

also, cedargirl, latin nerdiness is my friends obsession...clubs, girls, schools, etc so i loved that comment.

user posted image
Aura Color: Wolf
Aura scent: Jasmine
Type of Magic: Psychic abilities
Favored Weapon: Italian Longsword

Quote    Reply   

#323 [url]

Oct 28 11 2:49 AM

Yep, we all relate to him very well, and remember he's the only immortal human at a very early age, probably like our age..

Auric Color: Translucent White
Auric Scent: Sampaguita

"Remember, at the heart of every myth and legend lies a grain of truth."

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Spellcaster

#324 [url]

Oct 28 11 5:11 AM

our age being...i think he's like 22 when immortal.

user posted image
Aura Color: Wolf
Aura scent: Jasmine
Type of Magic: Psychic abilities
Favored Weapon: Italian Longsword

Quote    Reply   

#325 [url]

Oct 28 11 5:45 AM

QUOTE (Dr.JohnDee2010 @ October 28, 2011 05:11 am)
our age being...i think he's like 22 when immortal.

That would be like a year senior to me.. .I like that...

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#326 [url]

Oct 29 11 8:35 PM

lol yeah he would be a senior in college where I am. That's as old as my brother.
I do get the feeling that people are like "he's only 128, he's nobody" and he says in the book that he met Dee before and didn't like him, maybe that's why, because Dee acted like Billy was a little kid or something.

user posted image
Aura colorAmber

Quote    Reply   

#327 [url]

Oct 30 11 12:15 PM

QUOTE (cedargirl @ October 29, 2011 08:35 pm)
lol yeah he would be a senior in college where I am. That's as old as my brother.
I do get the feeling that people are like "he's only 128, he's nobody" and he says in the book that he met Dee before and didn't like him, maybe that's why, because Dee acted like Billy was a little kid or something.

Yeah, they seemed to disregard Billy's presence...

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#328 [url]

Oct 31 11 1:09 PM

hehehe he's (in a way) like me, they know Billy is there, but to them he's just a kid, so they really don't care.... with the exception of Mac, but even he still find Billy annoying. flamelssecret/sFl_america2.gif

user posted image
Aura Color:Blue
Aura Scent: leather

If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.

Albert Einstein

Quote    Reply   

#329 [url]

Nov 1 11 12:05 AM

Annoying may also apply to me, if it describes Billy

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#331 [url]

Jun 12 12 1:39 AM

He survived!!!!! I was so worried. All through the bit when he and Black Hawk were trying to slow down the crab, and it was abvious he was going to do something heroic but really risky, I was on the edge of my seat, with my face about three inches from the book.
Still my favorite character of all time.

I thought his face-off with the Sphinx was awesome, because she's been threatening him since the Necromancer, and then it only took him five minutes to obliterate her.
And the part when he is talking about the guy in the red shirt in Star Trek who always dies was pretty funny, because it's ridiculously true. Seriously couldn't that guy wear a different color for once? couldn't the guy who always dies wear a purple shirt or something, jeez.

user posted image
Aura colorAmber

Quote    Reply   

#333 [url]

Jun 15 12 3:20 PM

I agree, I LOVED the Star Trek conversation too, and the revelation that Mach was a Star Wars fan.

Are we sure Billy lives? I reeeeeally would like him to, but he was in pretty bad shape at the end of the book, even with Mach's aura helping him.

user posted image
"Anything that happens, happens. Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen. Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again. It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though." - Douglas Adams
"What a crazy random happenstance!" - Billy-Buddy
Immortal - Ravenclaw - State Alchemist (The Antimatter Alchemist) - Gambit Galloway (Adept) - Dranaei Hunter
Aura: Color: Seafoam Green. Scent: Roses. Elder Master: Loki.

Quote    Reply   

#334 [url]

Jun 17 12 8:51 AM

QUOTE (Saint-GerManiac @ June 15, 2012 11:20 pm)
I agree, I LOVED the Star Trek conversation too, and the revelation that Mach was a Star Wars fan.

Are we sure Billy lives? I reeeeeally would like him to, but he was in pretty bad shape at the end of the book, even with Mach's aura helping him.

Billy survived. Mr. Scott confirmed it...

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ June 17, 2012 04:04 am)

I normally do not answer direct story-related questions, but in this case I will - yes Aunt Agnes is still alive at the end of the story: aged, but alive.  And both Billy and Mac survived too!  They will have other adventures.

Michael

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#335 [url]

Jun 17 12 8:55 AM

There may be more stories to come about Billy as well, remember that there aer more short stories to be released at some point!

user posted image

Aura Color: Midnight Blue......Aura Scent: Fresh Honey
You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Quote    Reply   

#336 [url]

Jun 24 12 3:33 PM

Yes! flamelssecret/clap3.gif Mach and Billy survive to fight another day!

I can't wait . . .

user posted image
"Anything that happens, happens. Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen. Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again. It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though." - Douglas Adams
"What a crazy random happenstance!" - Billy-Buddy
Immortal - Ravenclaw - State Alchemist (The Antimatter Alchemist) - Gambit Galloway (Adept) - Dranaei Hunter
Aura: Color: Seafoam Green. Scent: Roses. Elder Master: Loki.

Quote    Reply   

#337 [url]

Jul 29 12 3:17 AM

Billy is ceratily the funniest character of the series.I wonder what he and mac are gonna do next.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help