user posted image
Aura colorAmber
Aura scent:Cedar boughs

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#282 [url]

Jun 19 11 12:27 AM

It would make sense.
no immortal we've seen died via a mortal. (or was wounded)

Aura Color: Cadmium Red Aura scent:Burning pitch
Magical strongpoints: Air, Fire, and Earth magics, Transmutation, and Necromancy
The promise given was a necessity of the past: The word broken is the necessity of the present.
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#283 [url]

Jun 19 11 3:11 AM

I don't know, Billy was a very young immortal at the time and according to history it was dark and obviously Garrett had a gun. If we were talking about somebody like Dee or Dare or Mach or somebody powerful and with a lot of experience i would say that a mortal would have a really hard time of killing/wounding them, but against a recently made immortal, recently awakened guy who had only just figured out that he might possibly be immortal I would say that a mortal could take him down, but the main point is he didn't kill him so technically he failed to reach his goal. I hope we learn at some point how all the stuff that lead to Billy's "death" came about and why he's not dead.

user posted image
Aura colorAmber

Quote    Reply   

#284 [url]

Jun 19 11 7:08 PM

Billy the Kid is, as Josh said, A true :america: legend

Aura Color: Cadmium Red Aura scent:Burning pitch
Magical strongpoints: Air, Fire, and Earth magics, Transmutation, and Necromancy
The promise given was a necessity of the past: The word broken is the necessity of the present.
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#285 [url]

Jun 20 11 2:09 AM

QUOTE (poeyfurry @ June 13, 2011 07:35 pm)
It also said that Billy only figured out he was immortal when he fell off his horse when he was hiking, I think.

I think he was only kind of "awakened" when he fell off his horse. If you could become immortal by just falling off a horse, I think a lot of people would choose that over serving an elder for eternity.

Aura Color: Dark Grey Aura Scent: Nothing

Quote    Reply   

#286 [url]

Jun 20 11 4:27 PM

well he was actually immortal before that. he just didn't know it until he had a near death experience and it didn't do him in because his aura healed him. If he'd fallen off of his horse before becoming immortal he woulda lain there in the bottom of the canyon and just bled out but he didn't because he was already immortal.

user posted image
Aura colorAmber

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#287 [url]

Jun 20 11 6:05 PM

QUOTE (Palamedes17 @ June 20, 2011 02:09 am)
QUOTE (poeyfurry @ June 13, 2011 07:35 pm)
It also said that Billy only figured out he was immortal when he fell off his horse when he was hiking, I think.

I think he was only kind of "awakened" when he fell off his horse. If you could become immortal by just falling off a horse, I think a lot of people would choose that over serving an elder for eternity.

I don't think you could be partially awakened. And he was indeed immortal before he fell off the horse.

QUOTE (Billy the Kid)
“I didn’t even realize I was immortal until the day I fell off my horse on a trail on the Sierra Madre, and rolled into a canyon.  I could hear my bones breaking on the way down.  I laid in the bottom of that ravine and watched this purple red smoke rise up off my skin, and I could feel my bones crunch and slot back together again.  I saw my cuts heal and the skin mend, leaving not so much as a scar behind.  The only evidence I had that I’d fallen down a mountainside was that my clothes were ripped to shreds.”

He and Machiavelli were having a conversation about their path to immortality and what came after that. Prior to that he also said:

QUOTE (Billy the Kid)
“Well, to be perfectly honest, he’s never really taught me anything.  I saved his life and he made me immortal as a reward.  And then I don't think I saw him for another fifty years or so.  Anything I learned about the Elders and my own immortality, I found out for myself, discovering things here and there…”

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#288 [url]

Jun 20 11 6:53 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ June 20, 2011 12:05 pm)

I don't think you could be partially awakened. And he was indeed immortal before he fell off the horse.

QUOTE (Billy the Kid)
“I didn’t even realize I was immortal until the day I fell off my horse on a trail on the Sierra Madre, and rolled into a canyon.  I could hear my bones breaking on the way down.  I laid in the bottom of that ravine and watched this purple red smoke rise up off my skin, and I could feel my bones crunch and slot back together again.  I saw my cuts heal and the skin mend, leaving not so much as a scar behind.  The only evidence I had that I’d fallen down a mountainside was that my clothes were ripped to shreds.”

I find this quote really interesting because Michael always said immortals are immortal but not invulnerable but here we have untrained billy who probably should have been severely hurt from this incident healing without even knowing how. Im not sure we've seen any other immortal do this without using some kind of specific magic.

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#289 [url]

Jun 20 11 7:00 PM

Maybe because he was untrained the need for survival kicked in and alone tapped into something primal within him and caused his wounds to heal by themselves. It does say purple red smoke rose off his skin, so it's probably instincts.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#290 [url]

Jun 20 11 8:01 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ June 20, 2011 01:00 pm)
Maybe because he was untrained the need for survival kicked in and alone tapped into something primal within him and caused his wounds to heal by themselves. It does say purple red smoke rose off his skin, so it's probably instincts.

even still im not sure any other character has that kind of instinct. Not to mention they did talk about in the sorceress how skilled billy was, which i think is odd considering what he says about himself in the warlock, i.e. the quetzecoatl didnt teach him anything he learned everything he knew from others.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#291 [url]

Jun 20 11 8:56 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ June 20, 2011 03:01 pm)
QUOTE (Moviebuff @ June 20, 2011 01:00 pm)

even still im not sure any other character has that kind of instinct. Not to mention they did talk about in the sorceress how skilled billy was, which i think is odd considering what he says about himself in the warlock, i.e. the quetzecoatl didnt teach him anything he learned everything he knew from others.

Perennelle spoke of how powerful an aura the person attacking Alcatraz would have to have, not necessarily how skilled. I don't think he really knows that much about manipulating his aura but his aura is very powerful and I do kind of agree with Moviebuff. Perhaps for immortals, adrenaline/response to pain can trigger your aura to heal you.

user posted image
Aura colorAmber

Quote    Reply   

#292 [url]

Jun 20 11 9:04 PM

QUOTE (cedargirl @ June 20, 2011 04:27 pm)
well he was actually immortal before that. he just didn't know it until he had a near death experience and it didn't do him in because his aura healed him. If he'd fallen off of his horse before becoming immortal he woulda lain there in the bottom of the canyon and just bled out but he didn't because he was already immortal.

Wait, he was immortal, but didn't know it? I don't really see how that's possible, unless Quetzalcoatl snuck up behind him and made him immortal. Sorry if I'm missing something really obvious that was mentioned in the books, I just don't get how he could be immortal and not know about it.

Quote    Reply   

#293 [url]

Jun 20 11 9:12 PM

QUOTE (Palamedes17 @ June 20, 2011 04:04 pm)

Wait, he was immortal, but didn't know it? I don't really see how that's possible, unless Quetzalcoatl snuck up behind him and made him immortal. Sorry if I'm missing something really obvious that was mentioned in the books, I just don't get how he could be immortal and not know about it.

Hahaha no Quetzalcoatl didn't sneak up behind him and make him immortal. at least i don't think so...haha. Billy just didn't know what Quetzalcoatl had done to him until he fell off of his horse. I guess being immortal doesn't feel any different then.

user posted image
Aura colorAmber

Quote    Reply   

#294 [url]

Jun 21 11 2:21 AM

QUOTE (cedargirl @ June 20, 2011 09:12 pm)
QUOTE (Palamedes17 @ June 20, 2011 04:04 pm)

Hahaha no Quetzalcoatl didn't sneak up behind him and make him immortal. at least i don't think so...haha. Billy just didn't know what Quetzalcoatl had done to him until he fell off of his horse. I guess being immortal doesn't feel any different then.

Oh, ok, I guess that kind of makes sense now. So Billy saves Quetzalcoatl's life, and Quetzalcoatl thanks him by making him immortal, but Billy just thinks that Quetzalcoatl had given him a blessing or something? flamelssecret/idk.gif I guess it kind of makes sense, but do you have to be awakened before you can be made immortal?

Quote    Reply   

#295 [url]

Jun 21 11 1:29 PM

Ive always assumed that the Elders gave awakenings and immortality at the same time unless you were like Dare and only 8 years old. Hahaha i can see Billy though saving Quetzacoatl however he does and then Quetzalcoatl giving him immortality and Billy just being like " that was really weird flamelssecret/idk.gif ....whatever." and just walking off.

user posted image
Aura colorAmber

Quote    Reply   

Spellcaster

#297 [url]

Jun 25 11 2:52 AM

I think being made immortal is that they touch you. they touch to take it away, so they probaby touch to give, right? but i was confused that he didnt know if he's awakened, we saw from hecate and mars thats its an intense experience, so either billy is stupi or being immortal comes with being awakened.

user posted image
Aura Color: Wolf
Aura scent: Jasmine
Type of Magic: Psychic abilities
Favored Weapon: Italian Longsword

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#298 [url]

Jun 25 11 4:55 AM

QUOTE (Dr.JohnDee2010 @ June 25, 2011 02:52 am)
I think being made immortal is that they touch you. they touch to take it away, so they probaby touch to give, right? but i was confused that he didnt know if he's awakened, we saw from hecate and mars thats its an intense experience, so either billy is stupi or being immortal comes with being awakened.

You're right. Quetzalcoatl touched him to gave him immortality and he needs to lay his hands on Billy again to take it back. Also, being awakened id different from being given immortality. The process -laying of hands- may be similar but they are different entirely. I'm assuming that when Billy was gifted his immortality Quetzalcoatl only told him he will give him a reward without telling him what it was or explaining it further.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#299 [url]

Jun 25 11 1:07 PM

I agree. Also wouldn't you be quite a bit freaked/weirded out if some random dude with a feathery tail and stuff who you had just rescued somehow laid his hands on you and did something to you and you didn't know what they'd done.

user posted image
Aura colorAmber

Quote    Reply   

#300 [url]

Jun 25 11 3:18 PM

QUOTE (cedargirl @ June 25, 2011 01:07 pm)
I agree. Also wouldn't you be quite a bit freaked/weirded out if some random dude with a feathery tail and stuff who you had just rescued somehow laid his hands on you and did something to you and you didn't know what they'd done.

What if Billy was like unconscious or something from saving Quetzalcoatl? Then Quetzalcoatl could have made him immortal without Billy suspecting anything. Heck, he could probably even awaken Billy at the same time without Billy knowing.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help