Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Jul 4 09 11:03 PM

Tags : :

This is a thread for you to discuss Michael's other works, but before you post please take a moment to consider carefully what you're posting! 50% of Michael's works are adult books with adult content, and the PG rating of the forum still applies here!
If you are posting about one of the adult books please make sure to clearly mark your post so that younger members will be aware that it is a book that will not be suitable reading for them!
Younger members, please be responsible and do not purchase books that are not suitable reading for you, we wouldn't like your parents to ban you from the forum or send us angry emails!

That being said..I have read a lot of Michael's other works and I am happy to discuss any of them with you guys!
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Bellus Stella

Next Generation Elder

#1 [url]

Jul 6 09 4:56 PM

Since you have read his work, care to share which ones are your favorite? I want to give them a try but im not sure which one to start with!

user posted image
If hugs were leaves, I would give you a tree. If life was a planet, I would give you a galaxy. If friendship was life, I would give you mine.
Aura colour: Purple
Aura scent: Watermelon

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#2 [url]

Jul 7 09 3:26 AM

QUOTE (Bellus Stella @ July 06, 2009 05:56 pm)
Since you have read his work, care to share which ones are your favorite? I want to give them a try but im not sure which one to start with!

Sure, any particular genre you want to start with?

Quote    Reply   

Bellus Stella

Next Generation Elder

#3 [url]

Jul 7 09 12:45 PM

Probably Fantasy!

user posted image
If hugs were leaves, I would give you a tree. If life was a planet, I would give you a galaxy. If friendship was life, I would give you mine.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jul 7 09 12:48 PM

Umm theres already another thread for this...
-scratches head-

user posted image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aura ~ Silver..........Scent ~ Permanent Marker

Quote    Reply   

Bellus Stella

Next Generation Elder

#5 [url]

Jul 7 09 1:37 PM

QUOTE (budgge @ July 07, 2009 08:48 am)
Umm theres already another thread for this...
-scratches head-

The other thread contains the list of all of Michael's work and this thread is to discuss his work, if you have read any! Hope that clarifies things a little!

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#6 [url]

Jul 8 09 1:16 AM

QUOTE (Bellus Stella @ July 07, 2009 01:45 pm)
Probably Fantasy!

If it's YA fantasy then i'd recommend the Windlord, Earthlord, Firelord trilogy, these are the tales of a brother and sister who get plunged into an alternate world of magic and a battle they didn't start...nor want to be a part of! They're short stories by comparison, but still action packed, with some familiar grounding in magic and mythological creatures that I think you'll like!

Quote    Reply   

Bellus Stella

Next Generation Elder

#7 [url]

Jul 8 09 12:44 PM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ July 07, 2009 09:16 pm)
Probably Fantasy!

If it's YA fantasy then i'd recommend the Windlord, Earthlord, Firelord trilogy, these are the tales of a brother and sister who get plunged into an alternate world of magic and a battle they didn't start...nor want to be a part of! They're short stories by comparison, but still action packed, with some familiar grounding in magic and mythological creatures that I think you'll like!

Sounds... familiar! and interesting! im gonna have to try to find them over here! Ill edit my post when i do!
So i just check Chapters for Windlord. It showed up at 9.95$ but since its not available new right now, there is only one copy used that is offered at 119$!!!!!! flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif

Ill keep looking.....

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#8 [url]

Jul 9 09 9:09 AM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ July 08, 2009 01:16 am)
Probably Fantasy!

fat chance of me finding those here.

how about suggestions from his anna dillon stuff? historic/romance perhaps?

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jul 10 09 1:46 PM

Probably Fantasy!

I'm re-reading The De Danann Tales currently. When I compare them to Harry Potter or even Darren Shan I often wonder why they didn't receive more acclaim.
Both my sister(who is 25) and I, are forever waiting for Mr Scott to finish the series.

I have not read any of his more recent work as I was not even aware he was still writing. I only came across this site today as I was searching for Waterlord.

I don't know if this statement holds any weight....but I genuinely believe that The De Danann Tales is prehaps his best work - (which actually doesn't hold any weight because I haven't read Mr Scott's new works...)

..Is it still weird that my sister still checks bookselves in Easons for the remaining books???

Which reminds me I have to tell her they were never finished....... kinda funny in a mad way.

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#10 [url]

Jul 10 09 1:55 PM

QUOTE (Bernadette @ July 10, 2009 02:46 pm)
Probably Fantasy!

I'm re-reading The De Danann Tales currently. When I compare them to Harry Potter or even Darren Shan I often wonder why they didn't receive more acclaim.
Both my sister(who is 25) and I, are forever waiting for Mr Scott to finish the series.

I have not read any of his more recent work as I was not even aware he was still writing. I only came across this site today as I was searching for Waterlord.

I don't know if this statement holds any weight....but I genuinely believe that The De Danann Tales is prehaps his best work - (which actually doesn't hold any weight because I haven't read Mr Scott's new works...)

..Is it still weird that my sister still checks bookselves in Easons for the remaining books???

Which reminds me I have to tell her they were never finished....... kinda funny in a mad way.

Sealord and Overlord are the titles that were never published. Since you like them, I would recommend the Flamel series, there are some parallels between the two so they'll be familiar enough to get you interested, but this series is more complex and as they are much bigger books there is more development of the characters and the worlds they inhabit, which makes me think you'll really like this series too....and Michael has the publishing agreed for the whole series...which means he will get to write them all... or we'll all be tweeting him daily until he does! flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Shaneltz

Apprentice

#11 [url]

Jul 12 09 4:50 PM

I have a BIG question about one of Michael Scott's old works (it's kinda pointless, but I wanna know!) In "Irish Folk and Fairy Tales", there is a story called "The Wolf Maidens", who are daughters of the Lord of the White Fort. They were cursed and turned into wolves because of something their father did that was HORRIBLE. I don't believe it was ever revealed what the Lord did, and I'm curious to know what EXACTLY he did do.
P.s. does anyone know where I can find the De Dannan Tales? All the online stores I've checked are selling them for like 70 bucks!

user posted image
"Have care, Nicholas Flamel, Alchemyst, lest you create something that will destroy us all."-Hekate, the Goddess with Three Faces

"The world has ended before, I'm sure it will end many times before the sun turns black."-The Witch of Endor

Aura Color: Neon Green Aura Scent: Lime Magic Specialty: Necromancy
Element: The Magic of Air

Quote    Reply   
Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#14 [url]

Jul 15 09 10:45 AM

The De Danann Tales. I am always incredibly pleased when someone remembers the De Danann Tales; I wrote them so long ago and they are amongst my favorite works. And yes, writers do have favorites.

They are currently out of print and please, do not spend huge amounts of money on them. If I can get the rights back from the publishers, I will see about reworking them, adding in all the material which was removed so they could fit a particular number of pages. Of course, I would then be able to do the final two books in the series, Sealord and Overlord.

As Jules mentions above (has she read everything I've written!), there are some elements that bare vague similarities to the Flamel series. However, do not go looking for clues to Flame in the De Danann tales. There are none. Because I base a lot of my material on myth and legend, I often revisit the same legends, looking at different interpretations.

Let me finish Flamel (and the new series I'm developing - which we'll announce real soon), and then I'll revisit the De Danann Tales.

Michael

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Jul 28 09 4:47 PM

I went to the Library today and rented out Firelord and Earthlord, so maybe you should check your local library first instead of paying an extortionate amount of money for it

I intend to live forever .... so far so good!!

It only takes one tree to make a thousand matches, it only takes one match to burn a thousand trees .......

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Jul 29 09 11:19 AM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ July 08, 2009 03:16 am)
Probably Fantasy!

. . .Sounds VERY familiar..??? flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif

How different is it from the Flamel series?

**Signature removed by staff. Please read the Forum CoC on signature text-lines (maximum 4).**

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#17 [url]

Jul 29 09 1:50 PM

QUOTE (Warrior Scathach 17 @ July 29, 2009 11:19 am)
Probably Fantasy!

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Jul 29 09 6:44 PM

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ July 29, 2009 03:50 pm)
QUOTE (Warrior Scathach 17 @ July 29, 2009 11:19 am)
Probably Fantasy!

Very. And I am using a fantasy mythology rather than something drawn from the real world. If you are starting to read it, be aware that the last two parts Sealord and Overlord were never published. The publisher went out of biz.

Michael

Well... are you intending to get it to another publisher or what?
Sounds like a lot of people really like the series. . .hm . .maybe I should take a look..?

Thanks for answering, by the way

**Signature removed by staff. Please read the Forum CoC on signature text-lines (maximum 4).**

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#19 [url]

Aug 4 09 9:08 PM

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ July 15, 2009 11:45 am)
The De Danann Tales. I am always incredibly pleased when someone remembers the De Danann Tales; I wrote them so long ago and they are amongst my favorite works. And yes, writers do have favorites.

They are currently out of print and please, do not spend huge amounts of money on them. If I can get the rights back from the publishers, I will see about reworking them, adding in all the material which was removed so they could fit a particular number of pages. Of course, I would then be able to do the final two books in the series, Sealord and Overlord.

As Jules mentions above (has she read everything I've written!), there are some elements that bare vague similarities to the Flamel series. However, do not go looking for clues to Flame in the De Danann tales. There are none. Because I base a lot of my material on myth and legend, I often revisit the same legends, looking at different interpretations.

Let me finish Flamel (and the new series I'm developing - which we'll announce real soon), and then I'll revisit the De Danann Tales.

Michael

LOL..not everything..yet...but i'm getting there! Some of the books are hard to find as Michael says, but if you're patient they do pop up here and there, often choosing to wait can see more copies available and then you'll get a lower price. I would start with The De Dannan tales for YA reading, and recommend The Hallows for adult readers only due to scenes of horror/sacrifice and other themes suitable only for adults.

You'll finish the tales? Yay!! flamelssecret/clap3.gif

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Aug 25 09 5:18 PM

QUOTE (Bernadette @ July 10, 2009 01:46 pm)
Probably Fantasy!

lol, that's the same reason i came here as well.

I'm looking for earthlord, firelord and sealord, overlord. Been searching for them for years.

Don't think the last one was ever published.

I wish they'd be repubished or come out in e-book form, so i could finally read them. I've read a lot fo fantasy books, but windlord was so completely different to everything else i'd ever read that i'm still hooked on wanting to know what happened in the series.

QUOTE (Johnny @ July 28, 2009 04:47 pm)
I went to the Library today and rented out Firelord and Earthlord, so maybe you should check your local library first instead of paying an extortionate amount of money for it 

sadly none in my local library.

No Double-Posting Please! if you wish to quote more than one post, use the edit function to add to your first post!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help