Remove this ad

#981 [url]

Sep 26 09 4:09 AM

Yeah, i dont get it...but then why did Sophie eat all that ice cream at the State Fair?

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#982 [url]

Sep 26 09 4:18 AM

Maybe it was before she started to dislike ice cream...or she didn't like it as much because she felt sick after eating all of that food XD

I like SC's idea about the twins scents reminding them of each other...or maybe even afamily event or something.

user posted image
"Be who you are, what you were, what they see. From eternity's view, tell me which one is me." -Epiphany, TSO
Aura color: GOLD..........Scent: Burning matches

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#983 [url]

Sep 26 09 7:03 AM

yeah, the twins most fondest memories rarely excluded the other so their scents makes sence if it does remind them of each other.

sparticle's right, consuming too much of one thing will make you change your preference of it in the future. for me it's carrots and tomatoes

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#984 [url]

Sep 27 09 2:33 AM

Well for me, it's potatoes. My mom put too much garlic in a batch when I was, like, three, and I was throwing up all night.
Even now, ten years later, I cann't stand potatoes in any form other than Frech fries.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#985 [url]

Sep 27 09 8:45 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ September 25, 2009 12:04 pm)
QUOTE (Sparticle @ September 24, 2009 05:12 pm)
Here's a quote I found from Machiavelli in The Magician about auras and scents:

Everyone on the planet possessed an aura-the electrical field that surrounded the human body-and when that electrical field was focused and directed, it interacted with the user's endorphin system and adrenal glands to produce a distinctive odor unique to that person: a signiture scent.
-page 46 of The Magician

And, I think it's in the Alchemyst, that Sophie doesn't even like ice cream that much, but her scent is vanilla. It seems like they didn't choose their scents...at least not consiously.

but there was a comment about how josh did like vanilla ice cream and i think sophie liked oranges, so the twins scents are reminders to them of the other person.

Here's the comment about Josh liking vanilla ice cream and sophie not liking it

QUOTE (the Alchemyst)
When the Witch had made him leave the antiques shop, he d walked beneath the shaded promenade and stopped in front of the ice cream shop, lured there by the odors of chocolate and vanilla. He stood outside, reading the menu of exotic flavors, and wondered why his sister s aura smelled of vanilla ice cream and his of oranges. She didn t even really like ice cream; he was the one who loved it.

That's a really good theory! I wonder if that's true for any other pairs, like the Twins of Legend or something...

Aura Color=Sky Blue
Aura Scent=Fresh Air

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#986 [url]

Sep 28 09 3:22 AM

QUOTE (Fumm95 @ September 27, 2009 08:45 pm)

That's a really good theory! I wonder if that's true for any other pairs, like the Twins of Legend or something...

do you mean the original twins?

it may be so if their stongest memory is that of their twin, so it entirely possible i think

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Fuzzbinn

Sorcerer

#987 [url]

Sep 29 09 12:44 AM

We still don't know anything about them.. buts its certainly possible...

Wonder if their auric scents are significant?

Aura Color: Sunset Orange..........Scent: Pomegranate
Fearus the Fuzzbinnus! Cave Fuzzum!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain."...."It's time to toss the dice."
"I don't want a happy ending. I want more story" - Francis Hardinge, Fly By Night
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#988 [url]

Sep 29 09 5:31 AM

no coincidences in the series so it's saf to say scents are significant.

MS also gave a nod to Sparticle's post, on the previous page, that the sense of smell or scents have the best connection to memories

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#989 [url]

Oct 1 09 11:19 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ September 29, 2009 05:31 am)
no coincidences in the series so it's saf to say scents are significant.

MS also gave a nod to Sparticle's post, on the previous page, that the sense of smell or scents have the best connection to memories

But unfortunately, we know nothing about the twins' auras, so I don't think this train of thought will provide much insight on them. Maybe it'll explain Germain or Machiavelli though (I said their names because they seem like mysterious characters. There woudl be others too.)

Aura Color=Sky Blue
Aura Scent=Fresh Air

Quote    Reply   

#990 [url]

Oct 2 09 2:07 AM

Or Flamel's scent, because Gilgamesh asked him if it was still peppermint, or if he'd changed it to something more appropriate. And we have the question of why Perry doesn't seem to have a scent.

user posted image
"Be who you are, what you were, what they see. From eternity's view, tell me which one is me." -Epiphany, TSO

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#991 [url]

Oct 2 09 7:21 AM

it might explain Dee's as well, the most recent information given to us on a certain shadowrealm my explain the doctor's scent and possibly color

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#992 [url]

Oct 10 09 6:05 AM

During The Sorceress book tour today Michael made some really interesting comments! One of the things he talked about was the heavy speculation as to if either Josh or Sophie would turn to the dark side. He made the comment that perhaps we should speculate a little more about Nicholas himself. If Nicholas isn't the hero that many of us think he is then neither Sophie or Josh will have to be lured into the dark side because they will already be in it's clutches!

Maybe they are already entwined into a side they might not want to be, and don't yet fully realize it...

user posted image
Aura: Sage
Scent: Old and New Books

Quote    Reply   

#993 [url]

Oct 10 09 2:14 PM

Wow, maybe it isn't Josh we should be worried about after all. If Nicholas turns out to be an enemy to the twins, then I bet that the twins would have to go off on their own and find allies they can trust.

Although, as mr_mears has been telling us, evil is all about perspective.

user posted image
Each Event is proceeded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event.
~Zurin Arctus|The Underking

Aura color: Indigo
Scent: Blooming trees

Quote    Reply   

#994 [url]

Oct 10 09 9:37 PM

I guess Josh has good reason to be extremely suspicious, then! It might be interesting to go through and re-read all the books again and keep an extremely open mind to Nicholas as a character...that might reveal even more clues!

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#995 [url]

Oct 11 09 5:47 PM

I think Josh is a tiny bit paranoid from all that football practice and the fact that he lost all his stuff in the Yggdrasill.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#996 [url]

Oct 12 09 2:17 AM

QUOTE (Lucy @ October 10, 2009 06:05 am)
During The Sorceress book tour today Michael made some really interesting comments! One of the things he talked about was the heavy speculation as to if either Josh or Sophie would turn to the dark side. He made the comment that perhaps we should speculate a little more about Nicholas himself. If Nicholas isn't the hero that many of us think he is then neither Sophie or Josh will have to be lured into the dark side because they will already be in it's clutches!

Maybe they are already entwined into a side they might not want to be, and don't yet fully realize it...

I think a good question is, is this a clue or just a red herring?

I agree with evil being all perspective. I mean, I bet the Dark Elders think that Nick is evil and that they are doing the right thing. Who knows what side is actually considered evil? It all depends on who the twins agree with.

Aura Color=Sky Blue
Aura Scent=Fresh Air

Quote    Reply   

#997 [url]

Oct 14 09 1:22 AM

what do you think of how can Scathach and Joan are going to retur to the present without changing the time?

sebastian

Palamades bright teeth flashed in the gloom."best form of defense is..."

"...attack,"Josh finished.

Quote    Reply   

#998 [url]

Oct 15 09 10:01 PM

QUOTE (lossecretos @ October 14, 2009 01:22 am)
what do you think of how can Scathach and Joan are going to retur to the present without changing the time?

That is an ongoing discussion. Although nobody has touched on it in a while. Some think that once the Twins learn Aether they will bring them back but I can't see Joan and Scatty being gone for that long in the story unless Mr. Scott has another story thread about them in the past that will some how connect to the present of the current story line.

flamelssecret/hourglass.gif

user posted image

Aether is the solitary tenant of the Universe, it gives form to matter, but matter also occupies and manipulates Aether. All Physical existence derives its geometry from Aether.
Aura color: BLACK..........Aura Scent: Russian Olive Tree..........Magical Specialty: Alchemy.......... Elemental Magic: Aether/Time

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#999 [url]

Oct 16 09 8:05 PM

QUOTE (mr_mears @ October 15, 2009 10:01 pm)
QUOTE (lossecretos @ October 14, 2009 01:22 am)

That is an ongoing discussion. Although nobody has touched on it in a while. Some think that once the Twins learn Aether they will bring them back but I can't see Joan and Scatty being gone for that long in the story unless Mr. Scott has another story thread about them in the past that will some how connect to the present of the current story line.

flamelssecret/hourglass.gif
Quote    Reply   

#1000 [url]

Oct 17 09 9:02 PM

Awesome!!! I am excited to know that for sure!

I missed Scatty in The Sorceress!!! =D

user posted image

Aura Color: Amaranth
Aura Scent: Freshly Broken Pomegranate

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help