Remove this ad

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#961 [url]

Sep 20 09 10:34 AM

QUOTE (silvertouch @ September 20, 2009 01:58 am)
What if Michael wants us to think this?! What if he really is just using reverse psychology to get us obsessed with...I really don't know where I'm going with this.
Maybe he is an Elder who wants to eat us?
Riiiiight.

i don't know what he wants us to think of it either.
maybe he's implying that people w/ black auras have evil tendencies or are seduced easily by evil (genearally speaking) but it doesn't mean they are evil.

i don't know about the second question though

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#962 [url]

Sep 20 09 1:10 PM

What if Michael wants us to think this?! What if he really is just using reverse psychology to get us obsessed with...I really don't know where I'm going with this.
Riiiiight.
Quote    Reply   

#963 [url]

Sep 20 09 6:33 PM

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ September 20, 2009 01:10 pm)
Riiiiight.

Not a Elder - I'm a Hebdomad!

Michael

I hope you're not implying that there are 7 of you that want to eat us ... right? flamelssecret/scared0015.gif

Sorry, but I couldn't resist ... okay, back to the topic ... if Dee chose the sulpher smell, what smell do you think he was born with???

user posted image

Aura Color: Émeraude
Aura Scent: Garlic and Onions sautéing in Butter
Latin Motto: Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

Quote    Reply   

Fuzzbinn

Sorcerer

#964 [url]

Sep 20 09 11:59 PM

Good q. We know he likes it though - mentions that he "Loves the smell of brimstone - it's so dramatic".

Aura Color: Sunset Orange..........Scent: Pomegranate
Fearus the Fuzzbinnus! Cave Fuzzum!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain."...."It's time to toss the dice."
"I don't want a happy ending. I want more story" - Francis Hardinge, Fly By Night
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#965 [url]

Sep 21 09 8:53 PM

I haven't written for this thread for quite some time, so could someone please explain the whole thing about black auras did michael tell us the necrmmancer has a black aura? What exactly is brimstone???? help flamelssecret/idk.gif ???? Thanks

user posted image

Aura:Sky blue......Scent: Dried Basil
Element:Earth.....Weapon: Blowgun
Status in World:King of The Dryads

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#966 [url]

Sep 21 09 9:32 PM

QUOTE (Greekboy25 @ September 21, 2009 09:53 pm)
I haven't written for this thread for quite some time, so could someone please explain the whole thing about black auras did michael tell us the necrmmancer has a black aura? What exactly is brimstone???? help flamelssecret/idk.gif ???? Thanks

Here's some answers for you Greekboy, No, Michael didn't tell us who the Necromancer is, nor did he say the necromancer is the owner of the black aura, that's just a theory some members have that was being discussed.
Brimstone is another name for sulphur. It is often linked to the realms of Hell in fiction. It is easily recognised by it's bright yellow colour and very unpleasant smell ( like very strong rotten eggs) and it's the scent that Dr Dee has.
Hope that helps!

Quote    Reply   

#967 [url]

Sep 22 09 3:16 AM

So, out of absolutely no where in Advanced English, my teacher brings up something interesting. He told us that smells have the best connection to memories, out of all the other senses. Could this be why Dee chose the scent of Brimstone, or why any of the other characters chose their scents to be what they are?

user posted image
"Be who you are, what you were, what they see. From eternity's view, tell me which one is me." -Epiphany, TSO
Aura color: GOLD..........Scent: Burning matches

Quote    Reply   

#968 [url]

Sep 22 09 3:50 AM

Okay well I googled Hebdomad Mythology and found this. LIKE OMggg!!!

Hebdomad: Mysticism Magick Dictionary on HEBDOMAD

HEBDOMAD

(The sphere of the Demiurge, lower than the Ogdoad.) Seven divides perfectly into the elemental quaternity from the 28 days of the lunar month. Set of seven, as the seven planets, the seven metals, Shakespeare's seven ages of man. In Mithraism: the 7 ceremonial steps. The Ziggurat of seven-metalled planes. Stairway of Alchemy: Quicksilver, Copper, Iron, Tin, Lead, Silver, Gold -- corresponding to the successive triads of the Tarot. The Gnostics and others claimed that the elohim were the seven gods of Creation.

user posted image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aura ~ Silver..........Scent ~ Permanent Marker

Quote    Reply   

#969 [url]

Sep 22 09 4:26 AM

QUOTE (Sparticle @ September 22, 2009 03:16 am)
So, out of absolutely no where in Advanced English, my teacher brings up something interesting. He told us that smells have the best connection to memories, out of all the other senses. Could this be why Dee chose the scent of Brimstone, or why any of the other characters chose their scents to be what they are?

So true, smell can totally transport you anywhere instantaneously, it's like a leygate.

Often, as far as we know, a persons initial scent often matches their aura color (though how many people are still using there initaial scent is unknown), but I was thinking that this is still a decent jumping off point. So if we are considering Dee's original scent then we migt begin by thinking of things that are yellow, yes?

Some things that I can think of are:
sulphur, mustard, pineapple, yellow bell pepper,yellow tomato, potatoes, ginger, egg yolk, wheat, golden raisins, jasmine powder, sassafras, barley, yellow frogs, snakes, canaries, lemon, cheese, mango, papaya, leaves, sunflower, tumeric, daisies, tulips, pollen, butter, bananas, corn, peaches, old book pages, squash, dandeion, daffodils, flames, chanterelles...

There are a billion other options, and not all of these particularly have a smell, but most of the things that I came up with are pleasant or happy, you know like bright yellow sunshine happy stuff. Maybe it's my own bias in creating the list, maybe his scent is something different all together (thouhts please), or maybe Dee's scent was initally happy.

user posted image
Aura: Sage
Scent: Old and New Books

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#970 [url]

Sep 22 09 2:00 PM

QUOTE (Sparticle @ September 22, 2009 03:16 am)
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#971 [url]

Sep 23 09 12:00 AM

Truly, the scents that never fail to take me back are tulips and roses. And that of wine is also nice, I think:) Of course, I believe that coffee and tea go unsaid. And books--especially mixed with coffee (simply walk into Borders, open nasal entranceway, and enjoy!) But seriously, citrus. O. M. G.
I just remembered there's a separate thread for this. Oh.

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   

#972 [url]

Sep 23 09 2:26 AM

This is taking a bit of a left turn, but St. Germain's scent is burning leaves, and that seems to correlate with him being a master of fire. Maybe he chose it to remind himself of his master of fire...vain much XD

user posted image
"Be who you are, what you were, what they see. From eternity's view, tell me which one is me." -Epiphany, TSO

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#973 [url]

Sep 23 09 2:55 AM

QUOTE (Sparticle @ September 22, 2009 09:26 pm)
This is taking a bit of a left turn, but St. Germain's scent is burning leaves, and that seems to correlate with him being a master of fire. Maybe he chose it to remind himself of his master of fire...vain much XD

or to remind himself that he stole the mastery of fire and that he will one day have to give it back or get it taken away.

Quote    Reply   

#974 [url]

Sep 23 09 3:11 AM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ September 23, 2009 12:55 pm)
QUOTE (Sparticle @ September 22, 2009 09:26 pm)

or to remind himself that he stole the mastery of fire and that he will one day have to give it back or get it taken away.

I googled Burning Leaves Mythology lol, and it said stuff about how the Hebrew or something used to use Burning Leaves to heal wounds...

user posted image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aura ~ Silver..........Scent ~ Permanent Marker

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#975 [url]

Sep 23 09 3:20 AM

QUOTE (Sparticle @ September 23, 2009 02:26 am)

maybe it has something to do w/ the wars he's been in in the past. i would think burning stuff was a big part in ancient wars. but yes, vanity is one of his weak points. i remember Michael commenting on Godsrych's auric colors/scents a while back, saying he was vainer that the Count, or something along those lines.

on Dee's scent: it may remind him of the time when brimstone was commonplace (Elizabethan?)

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#976 [url]

Sep 23 09 12:04 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ September 22, 2009 11:20 pm)
QUOTE (Sparticle @ September 23, 2009 02:26 am)

maybe it has something to do w/ the wars he's been in in the past. i would think burning stuff was a big part in ancient wars. but yes, vanity is one of his weak points. i remember Michael commenting on Godsrych's auric colors/scents a while back, saying he was vainer that the Count, or something along those lines.

on Dee's scent: it may remind him of the time when brimstone was commonplace (Elizabethan?)

haha, I forgot about that. But yes, I was one of the few that had to change their aura color because I went with Black originally, so out of spite I made mine a technicolor aura.

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#977 [url]

Sep 23 09 2:40 PM

QUOTE (Godsryche @ September 23, 2009 12:04 pm)
haha, I forgot about that. But yes, I was one of the few that had to change their aura color because I went with Black originally, so out of spite I made mine a technicolor aura.

flamelssecret/hysterical.gif whoops! reminding you was unintentional

but the point is that Germain is so vain that using burnt leaves as his scent could be a means of flaunting his mastery of flamelssecret/fire.gif fire flamelssecret/fire.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#978 [url]

Sep 24 09 10:12 PM

Here's a quote I found from Machiavelli in The Magician about auras and scents:

Everyone on the planet possessed an aura-the electrical field that surrounded the human body-and when that electrical field was focused and directed, it interacted with the user's endorphin system and adrenal glands to produce a distinctive odor unique to that person: a signiture scent.
-page 46 of The Magician

And, I think it's in the Alchemyst, that Sophie doesn't even like ice cream that much, but her scent is vanilla. It seems like they didn't choose their scents...at least not consiously.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#979 [url]

Sep 25 09 4:35 AM

that's right, but it can be altered to one's preference. how? we don't know yet. hopefully the future books can explain it.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#980 [url]

Sep 25 09 12:04 PM

QUOTE (Sparticle @ September 24, 2009 05:12 pm)
Here's a quote I found from Machiavelli in The Magician about auras and scents:

Everyone on the planet possessed an aura-the electrical field that surrounded the human body-and when that electrical field was focused and directed, it interacted with the user's endorphin system and adrenal glands to produce a distinctive odor unique to that person: a signiture scent.
-page 46 of The Magician

And, I think it's in the Alchemyst, that Sophie doesn't even like ice cream that much, but her scent is vanilla. It seems like they didn't choose their scents...at least not consiously.

but there was a comment about how josh did like vanilla ice cream and i think sophie liked oranges, so the twins scents are reminders to them of the other person.

Here's the comment about Josh liking vanilla ice cream and sophie not liking it

QUOTE (the Alchemyst)
When the Witch had made him leave the antiques shop, he d walked beneath the shaded promenade and stopped in front of the ice cream shop, lured there by the odors of chocolate and vanilla. He stood outside, reading the menu of exotic flavors, and wondered why his sister s aura smelled of vanilla ice cream and his of oranges. She didn t even really like ice cream; he was the one who loved it.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help