Remove this ad

#941 [url]

Sep 15 09 9:35 PM

We don't know if we've met "the black aura" yet.
Eventhough Gilgamesh doesn't have one anymore, it could have been black.
We've also "met" Abraham and have no idea what his aura color is/was.

user posted image

Aura Color: Émeraude
Aura Scent: Garlic and Onions sautéing in Butter
Latin Motto: Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#942 [url]

Sep 16 09 5:37 AM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ September 15, 2009 01:07 pm)
QUOTE (Godsryche @ September 15, 2009 07:40 am)

Color is essentially light regardless of the medium in which it is being projected.

yes color is viewed through light but i think you missed the point im saying. The light color scale stems from red green and blue like the tubes in an old tv, and those three colors combined in different ways can make the variety of colors.

The colors on a color wheel used to make all other colors are red green and yellow. So its completely different scale in terms of how things are combined.

So light and color are based on two completely different scales.

And in terms of absence and absorption the first represents nothing and the other is everything. Those are not the same things at all.

So if you look at it in terms of reflection yes neither instance reflects light so the end result is the same but how it is produced is completely different but black could ideally be viewed as everything or nothing or even possibly both at the same time.

i really think evryone has a point on the composition of balck here. Godsryche is correct in saying that we should look at it from the series perspective at the auras seem to be light emanating from ones body. but i'm in the same page as SC it depends on how color is defined (especially in the series). I may have taken something Michael said out of context because I remember him saying that auric colors can be any color in the color wheel.

if we look at it (color/aura) from the light standpoint then essentially, say for black, everyone has a white aura but through the photon filtration is perceived in another color. if so how does it happen? because one has no control over ones auric color
Lucothea also brings up good point - what is aura and how does it make its color?

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#943 [url]

Sep 16 09 6:22 AM

but how can someone have an aura, which isn't really an aura??
or am i muddling it up??

Aura: Octarine (for non-Discworld fans it is "greenish-yellow purple")
Aura Scent: The Smell of a Rainy Day
☁☂☹✖☁☁☁☀☺☺☺✔☁☂☻☹☢☣☠✉✆☎☏✈☻☁☀☺
each emoticon tells a story

Quote    Reply   

#944 [url]

Sep 16 09 4:28 PM

So does that mean a black aura can obsorb silver gold red blue etc. auras ? or am I just confusing you all?

user posted image

Readers are plentiful but, imaginers are rare
Aura colour: Azure, sky blue
Aura scent: Lotus

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#945 [url]

Sep 16 09 5:25 PM

QUOTE (Megan Newman @ September 16, 2009 11:28 am)
So does that mean a black aura can obsorb silver gold red blue etc. auras ? or am I just confusing you all?

Its just a possibility that I was theorizing... comparing Black Holes in space with Black Auras...

No one knows for sure yet

Quote    Reply   

#946 [url]

Sep 16 09 5:33 PM

I was totally thinking the same thing with the whole white and black color mess... Thought I had something amazing there... but alas I was wrong. It was a good thought though... I guess. lol

user posted image

Aura Color: Amaranth
Aura Scent: Freshly Broken Pomegranate

Quote    Reply   

#947 [url]

Sep 16 09 7:10 PM

Thanks guys!! didn't think I would start all that with a small question;P I love the Alchymist saga and Thank you michael for even just JOINING that conversation it is a real honor!!

GO IRELAND!!

user posted image

Readers are plentiful but, imaginers are rare
Aura colour: Azure, sky blue
Aura scent: Lotus

Quote    Reply   

#948 [url]

Sep 16 09 11:51 PM

I have officially read the entire the Sorceress, the Secrects of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel book. I have to say something, I'm both incalculably elated and equally inestimably sorrowfull. Elated because I finally finished it and have no need to fear spoilers, and sorrowfull due to the fact that it's over and I have to wait for the Necromancer! flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif and I adore the water magic flamelssecret/water.gif I hate waiting, but it's only a matter of time I suppose flamelssecret/hourglass.gif flamelssecret/badmood.gif

If failure had no lessons to teach, there would be nothing to be gained of victory.
Aura Colour: light grey
Auric scent: parchment

Magical forte: sorcery

Quote    Reply   

#949 [url]

Sep 17 09 12:25 AM

But, on the subject of the Black (see how I capitalized it) aura, a black hole is actually white. Meaning...?
I suppose Michael is getting a kick out of watching us dangle here and not dropping any hints...not that I would want him to! It was like when my friend read the Sorceress beforew I did, and she was all, "Shakespeare", "The Witch and Mars" and I was like lalalalala!
Anyways, how can we know that the black aura designates evil?
Oh, these questions are so fun!

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   

Fuzzbinn

Sorcerer

#950 [url]

Sep 17 09 3:40 AM

And while you can't choose color, it seems that you have some choice of scent - I seem to recall mentions being made to Nicholas and Dee's choosing their scents. (I could be very wrong though..) Machiavelli (or is it Nichoals? - i really need to reread the first two books again) also gives an explaination for the scents (i think) in the magician....

Also, Perenelle doesn't have a scent to her aura, and is the only known person to have changed a least the visual appearance to her white aura, which has the additional properties of attracting ghosts....

As for Black Auras, there's nothing ot suggest it means evil - just that its rarest of all (does that mean most powerful? Or is that an individual thing - like Sophie being much more powerful then Joan even though they have the same color aura, and Josh and Sophie having what appears to be equal power even though Josh's aura is rarer?)

Aura Color: Sunset Orange..........Scent: Pomegranate
Fearus the Fuzzbinnus! Cave Fuzzum!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain."...."It's time to toss the dice."
"I don't want a happy ending. I want more story" - Francis Hardinge, Fly By Night
user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#951 [url]

Sep 17 09 3:51 AM

I agree with Fuzzbin, at this point in time I don't think we should automatically assume that a Black aura has to be evil or bad. I also think that it merely means that the aura is very powerful. It all depends on how the person uses his or her aura...for "good" purposes or "evil". It's not the aura color.

user posted image
"Be who you are, what you were, what they see. From eternity's view, tell me which one is me." -Epiphany, TSO
Aura color: GOLD..........Scent: Burning matches

Quote    Reply   

#952 [url]

Sep 17 09 4:14 AM

QUOTE (Fuzzbinn @ September 17, 2009 03:40 am)
And while you can't choose color, it seems that you have some choice of scent - I seem to recall mentions being made to Nicholas and Dee's choosing their scents. (I could be very wrong though..)

You are right - Michael has made various comments on threads about people being able to chose their aura scents.
QUOTE (Michael Scott @ November 10, 2008 12:45 am)

What is interesting however is that characters get to choose their own smell...

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ November 16, 2008 04:55 am)

And we know Dee choose deliberately brimstone, and later, when St Germain is talking to Sophie about Joan odour he says: "And of course lavender. She loves lavender; it reminds her of her youth.” Which suggests that she deliberately picked that smell.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#953 [url]

Sep 17 09 12:40 PM

QUOTE (Sparticle @ September 16, 2009 10:51 pm)
I agree with Fuzzbin, at this point in time I don't think we should automatically assume that a Black aura has to be evil or bad. I also think that it merely means that the aura is very powerful. It all depends on how the person uses his or her aura...for "good" purposes or "evil". It's not the aura color.

yes i would agree with that, I was just trying to point out that if in fact the black aura is so powerful and has some of the tendencies that have been mentioned that it would be very hard for a person to use the power for good, just based on the nature of what the aura might do to the owner. not to say its not possible but im guessing it wouldnt be easy to control.

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#954 [url]

Sep 17 09 4:15 PM

QUOTE (Lucothea @ September 17, 2009 04:14 am)
And while you can't choose color, it seems that you have some choice of scent - I seem to recall mentions being made to Nicholas and Dee's choosing their scents. (I could be very wrong though..)

You are right - Michael has made various comments on threads about people being able to chose their aura scents.

And we know Dee choose deliberately brimstone, and later, when St Germain is talking to Sophie about Joan odour he says: "And of course lavender. She loves lavender; it reminds her of her youth.” Which suggests that she deliberately picked that smell.
Quote    Reply   

#955 [url]

Sep 18 09 5:24 AM

Hmm, a little more information about Dee is always a good thing. This and the new revelation about Saint Germain and Aoife has really got me excited for the next book! But I was just thinking about Dee's scent being sulpher...

For my 15th birthday my mom took me to England and while we were there we went to Bath. At the end of the tour of the Roman Baths they sell you a little cup of the bath water to drink because it is supposed to be so good for you. Well it totally stinks like rotten eggs, and really isn't anything anyone would ever want to put in their mouth, but once upon a time relaxing in these Roman Baths was a great thing, and drinking a little bit of this water was I guess really great. So I was just thinking that sulpher or brimstone was not always as disgusting a scent as it seems to us now, before it was like a healthy rejuvinating thing.
Plus if I am remembering right, Bath may have had several connections to some of the things we are reading in these books.

user posted image
Aura: Sage
Scent: Old and New Books

Quote    Reply   

#956 [url]

Sep 18 09 1:24 PM

Lucy - you amaze me! Your ideas are so great! I've been to a few places where water is supposed to be healing and they all smell like that. Even Michael said that smells from earlier centuries that are now considered fowl were popular. You might be on to something with sulpher and healing/transformation!

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#957 [url]

Sep 18 09 11:33 PM

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ September 17, 2009 04:15 pm)
QUOTE (Lucothea @ September 17, 2009 04:14 am)

And in the Necromancer, you will learn why Dee choose that particular smell.

Michael

Hm... That's really interesting. A bit more info on Dee would always be interesting. I can't wait to read the next book.

Aura Color=Sky Blue
Aura Scent=Fresh Air

Quote    Reply   

#958 [url]

Sep 19 09 1:32 AM

Thanks, Lucothea! Most of the time I'm just spouting stuff. I was also thinking though that some people chose their memories because it reminded them of something good about their past. But you could also chose a scent because of something you never want to forget. Like when Dee's father called him a flawed tool, and that became his catalyst (as Sophie would say) to push him on and to make more of himself. Like you could also chose something that would be a constant reminder to push you on to always being better, like a little punishment/reminder everytime he used his aura. Just another idea. Not to say I don't believe my first one, but here's just another.

user posted image
Aura: Sage
Scent: Old and New Books

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#959 [url]

Sep 19 09 6:55 AM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ September 17, 2009 12:40 pm)
QUOTE (Sparticle @ September 16, 2009 10:51 pm)

yes i would agree with that, I was just trying to point out that if in fact the black aura is so powerful and has some of the tendencies that have been mentioned that it would be very hard for a person to use the power for good, just based on the nature of what the aura might do to the owner. not to say its not possible but im guessing it wouldnt be easy to control.

and again i agree w/ SC, ofcourse the color of ones aura shouldn't be basis for judging whether they're good or evil.

also Michael said he could tell us (figuratively speaking, of coursefould deeds from people w/ black aura

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#960 [url]

Sep 20 09 1:58 AM

What if Michael wants us to think this?! What if he really is just using reverse psychology to get us obsessed with...I really don't know where I'm going with this.
Maybe he is an Elder who wants to eat us?
Riiiiight.

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help