Remove this ad

#61 [url]

Jun 18 10 4:26 PM

QUOTE (loga @ June 05, 2010 10:54 pm)
flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif I have done some diging on the elamental swords but it's hard to find records on them can any body help me?

All the elemental swords except Clarent (as far as I've researched) seem to have some sort of historical account. Excalibur is the well-known sword of Arthur, Joyeuse was Charlemagne's personal weapon, and **spoilery**, though not at all well-known, seems to have been the sword of this too is too spoilery. But Clarent... well, Clarent doesn't seem to be known at all! In fact, its only reference is in a Medieval English Poem, and appears to have been used for knighting ceremonies and other peaceful encounters. It was stolen from Arthur and used by Mordred to kill him.

Now we all know the classic tale of Arthur pulling out the Sword in the Stone and becoming king. Everyone assumed it was Excalibur. Now, there is also the myth of the Lady in the Lake, who gave Excalibur to Arthur as a loan to be returned later. Now, we seem to have a paradox here! Excalibur was possessed by Arthur from even before he was king, but after he became king, the Lady in the Lake gave it to him? I think not.

So my theory is this: the Sword in the Stone was Clarent, and the Lady in the Lake gave Arthur Excalibur. Now, because of their similarities in the hilt and because Arthur preferred Excalibure more than Clarent, I believe Clarent was completely forgotten, and Excalibur became the only mythological sword. Or maybe they combined... and Arthur simply continued to call it Excalibur. And Mordred split the swords and took one of them: Clarent. Anyway, I'm starting to think we need a thread for the Elemental Swords, because there's too much about them to put anywhere else! Or is there already a thread for them? Because if there is, I haven't been able to find it!

user posted image
"Fairness doesn't mean everyone gets the same, it means everyone gets what they need." -Julius Kane (The Red Pyramid, Rick Riordan)
Aurum est potestas-- Gold is Power!! Aura Color - Mahogany Aura scent - Melting Cheese

Remove this ad

#63 [url]

Sep 25 10 8:11 AM

Do you have any idea when the Earthlords will be coming out?
Am I right to assume that Michael hasn't even started writing it yet??
Thanks!

user posted image

#64 [url]

Oct 5 10 1:46 PM

I've just been wondering, for the fifth magic: Why does everyone call it "Aether"? I've really only heard it referred to as "the magic of time" in the books, but I could just not be remembering something.

user posted image
[ Aura: Gold ] [ Scent: Fresh Ginger ]

#65 [url]

Oct 5 10 2:24 PM

Most cultures have a fifth element and have aether as empty space.
The Ancient Greeks originally of thought aether as a kind of mist that makes the sky blue, but later the Romans changed it to empty space, too.
I'm not sure what it has to do with time, but Michael called it Aether magic once, and Time Magic another time.

user posted image
Aura color: Blue-Gray,
Aura scent: Pine,
Practices Water and Air magics.

Some books are to be tasted; others to be swallowed; and some few to be chewed and digested.~Francis Bacon

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#66 [url]

Oct 5 10 6:50 PM

QUOTE (Nurmengard @ September 25, 2010 08:11 am)
Thanks!

#67 [url]

Oct 5 10 7:17 PM

I am a little confused, is that The De Danann Tales?

Or a completely different book?

user posted image
"There Is No Beast Without Cruelty."
Aura: Purple
Scent: Garlic
Element: Fire & Earth

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#68 [url]

Oct 5 10 8:14 PM

QUOTE (PakitoLestrange @ October 05, 2010 02:17 pm)
I am a little confused, is that The De Danann Tales?

Or a completely different book?

Its a completely different book, a new series.

#69 [url]

Oct 5 10 11:45 PM

Thank you

But The De Danann Tales look good as well. I must read an excerpt if there are any haha

user posted image
"There Is No Beast Without Cruelty."
Aura: Purple
Scent: Garlic
Element: Fire & Earth

#70 [url]

Oct 6 10 10:53 AM

The Earthlords looks promising! I'll keep an eye out for that one!

Aura Scent: Lemongrass
Aura Color: Lime Green

Remove this ad

#71 [url]

Oct 9 10 12:10 PM

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ October 05, 2010 06:50 pm)
There is no publication date, but yes, I have started writing it. The opening line of chapter one is:

A thousand years...

Michael

flamelssecret/clap3.gif flamelssecret/clap3.gif flamelssecret/clap3.gif Now we know two things about the Earthlords book:
1. The first three words
2. Bathala will make an appearance
Thanks Mr. Scott!!

user posted image

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#72 [url]

Oct 10 10 9:09 AM

QUOTE (Nurmengard @ October 09, 2010 12:10 pm)
flamelssecret/clap3.gif flamelssecret/clap3.gif flamelssecret/clap3.gif Now we know two things about the Earthlords book:
1. The first three words
2. Bathala will make an appearance

Actually, if I am not mistaken, Michael has mentioned Canadian locations (British Columbia?) and myths from Australia and some parts of Asia. I believe it was a dream god from Australia. I'll have to look for the exact quotes

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

#73 [url]

Oct 10 10 11:52 PM

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ October 05, 2010 06:50 pm)
QUOTE (Nurmengard @ September 25, 2010 08:11 am)
Thanks!

There is no publication date, but yes, I have started writing it. The opening line of chapter one is:

A thousand years...

Michael

Ooh...I'm hooked! A lot can happen in a thousand years... flamelssecret/read.gif

user posted image
My aura is colored the scarlet of the setting sun, and its distinctive scent is that of a ripe green apple.

#75 [url]

Oct 24 10 8:58 AM

Does the Pyramid of the Sun(mentioned in The Necromancer) related to the Pyramid of the Sun in Teotihuacan?

flamelssecret/read.gif

Aura: Lapis Lazuli
Aura Scent: Rosemary

#76 [url]

Nov 13 10 7:33 PM

QUOTE (Sparticle @ August 19, 2009 01:43 am)
I have a question for Kris, Zephfire, and Michael (if he has enough time to read this ). Since your birthdays are coming up...would you each like a request drawing of something/someone from the series?

It's a way I can thank you for all of your awesomeness on the forums

Do we get to see the final artwork? flamelssecret/clap3.gif

user posted image

Aura Color: Émeraude
Aura Scent: Garlic and Onions sautéing in Butter
Latin Motto: Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#77 [url]

Nov 13 10 8:06 PM

Hypothetical question for the forum members if an Elder/Dark Elder offered you the gift of immortality in exchange for working in their service (and this was your only opportunity to become immortal) would you accept? Why or why not?

Calliope

Sorcerer

#78 [url]

Nov 13 10 10:24 PM

Despite the general fear of aging and death, I'd say no. Watching everyone (i.e. siblings, children, grandchildren, etc,) die around you would far outweigh pretty much any benefits that could be brought from immortality. Seeing how the world would change, while being an interesting experience, may not actually be a good thing.

user posted image

Aura Colour: Jade 
Aura Scent: Black Tea and Chocolate

#80 [url]

Dec 25 10 3:01 AM

hi everyone. I have a question about the books can somebody tell me where exactly was Danu talis?

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help