Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Feb 16 09 1:27 AM

Tags : :

This is a thread suggested by member Joyeuseone flamelssecret/clap3.gif Have you ever wanted a particular quote from the books, or a certain name or place ..but you just can't quite remember it? Why not ask it here and let the other members help you, one of us should have your answer!
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Feb 20 09 2:28 AM

You know that "gift" Mars gave to Josh? Could it have been...immortality? Or maybe just his memories, to get back at the Witch of Endor. What is the curse, again..?

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

#2 [url]

Feb 20 09 9:32 PM

What the gift is we don't know because Michael hasn't revealed that in the story yet. But yes, in the "Josh" character thread and "The Magician" book thread, it's been speculated on.
---As for the curse, do you mean the phrase "this is not a gift I'm giving you, it's a curse"? If so, that's a specific reference to being Awakened.

Nosce Te Ipsum/Know Thyself - One joy shatters a hundred griefs.
The promise given was a necessity of the past: the word broken is a necessity of the present. - Niccolo Machiavelli
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die. - H.P. Lovecraft
A prince never lacks legitimate reasons to break his promise. - Niccolo Machiavelli
user posted image

#3 [url]

Mar 2 09 9:20 PM

No, the curse the Witch put on Mars...di we ever find out???

user posted image

#4 [url]

Mar 2 09 10:20 PM

Ahhh...nope, sorry, that too remains an unknown. Other than she did something to him which hardens his aura into stone. I think perhaps it's more of a preventative measure on the Witch's part, rather than simply as a punishment. The curse prevents him from going about and wreaking untold havoc on the humani populace.

Nosce Te Ipsum/Know Thyself - One joy shatters a hundred griefs.
The promise given was a necessity of the past: the word broken is a necessity of the present. - Niccolo Machiavelli
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die. - H.P. Lovecraft
A prince never lacks legitimate reasons to break his promise. - Niccolo Machiavelli
user posted image

#5 [url]

Mar 8 09 4:52 AM

Oh, thanks. How...nice. Because everyone just LOVES it when psychoes like The Avenger want to be worshipped. And Dee hardened him. I mean, how boring. Who doesn't like a nice flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif ???

user posted image

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#7 [url]

Jun 2 09 12:24 AM

This thread is now open for posting..please bear in mind that The Sorceress isn't released in the UK until June 25th so try to keep all Sorceress and Necromancer spoiler discussion to the "I'm finished!" thread until July 1st!! Thank you! flamelssecret/bow.gif

#8 [url]

Jul 26 09 7:14 AM

Did Mars request something from josh in return for being awakened? I've loaned my book out to my friend and now I can't remember flamelssecret/confused0058.gif

Thanks

I intend to live forever .... so far so good!!

It only takes one tree to make a thousand matches, it only takes one match to burn a thousand trees .......

#9 [url]

Jul 26 09 10:23 AM

The condition on which he Awakened Josh was that Josh would do something in return for it. However it is not revealed what Josh is going to do, and indeed, Josh doesn't know himself.

O RLY?

#10 [url]

Aug 1 09 8:18 AM

Hi All,

I was just thinking if you're made immortal by an Elder and then kill that Elder does that mean you can remain immortal indefinitely, unless killed by something like Excalibur? I was just thinking because of what's happening in the last book about Dee and his spot of bother

It only takes one tree to make a thousand matches, it only takes one match to burn a thousand trees .......

Remove this ad

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#11 [url]

Aug 1 09 1:05 PM

QUOTE (Johnny @ August 01, 2009 03:18 am)
Hi All,

I was just thinking if you're made immortal by an Elder and then kill that Elder does that mean you can remain immortal indefinitely, unless killed by something like Excalibur? I was just thinking because of what's happening in the last book about Dee and his spot of bother

Basically that is true, there is reference to an immortal in the Sorceress that I believe killed their elder or their elder was killed, and they are still immortal. However they arent invincible, as I believe it was Joan of Arc says only ideas or immortal. Immortals are not invincible they can die, and in very easy ways, however many of them are very cunning which adds to their survivability.

#12 [url]

Aug 1 09 9:15 PM

Ah thanks a million Spacecadet ... you're a star

#13 [url]

Aug 2 09 4:11 PM

QUOTE (Johnny @ August 01, 2009 09:15 pm)

SC is Totally a STAR. If it wasn't for her I'm pretty sure the podcast would plung into anarchy. flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

user posted image

Aether is the solitary tenant of the Universe, it gives form to matter, but matter also occupies and manipulates Aether. All Physical existence derives its geometry from Aether.
Aura color: BLACK..........Aura Scent: Russian Olive Tree..........Magical Specialty: Alchemy.......... Elemental Magic: Aether/Time

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#14 [url]

Aug 2 09 4:39 PM

QUOTE (mr_mears @ August 02, 2009 11:11 am)
QUOTE (Johnny @ August 01, 2009 09:15 pm)

SC is Totally a STAR. If it wasn't for her I'm pretty sure the podcast would plung into anarchy. flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

A big thank you to you both for the compliment, it is much appreciated, and Im happy to help fellow forum members. I truly enjoy producing the podcasts for the fans, Im glad you guys enjoy them

#16 [url]

Aug 5 09 5:30 PM

Do you think Mary Shelley or the mysterious Dr. John William Polidori will be in later books as Dee himself has stated that he was in their company when telling a story about the Golem of Prauge?

#17 [url]

Aug 10 09 11:54 PM

Anyone know what Michael's new series is called? I'd ask in that thread, but my last post was already way too long.

user posted image

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#18 [url]

Aug 11 09 12:17 AM

QUOTE (silvertouch @ August 11, 2009 12:54 am)
Anyone know what Michael's new series is called? I'd ask in that thread, but my last post was already way too long.

Yes, it's currently called Otherworlds.

#19 [url]

Aug 13 09 5:06 AM

I would like to know where I can get a wicked awesome banner in signature area like all the boss mods?

user posted image

Aether is the solitary tenant of the Universe, it gives form to matter, but matter also occupies and manipulates Aether. All Physical existence derives its geometry from Aether.
Aura color: BLACK..........Aura Scent: Russian Olive Tree..........Magical Specialty: Alchemy.......... Elemental Magic: Aether/Time

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#20 [url]

Aug 13 09 11:42 AM

QUOTE (mr_mears @ August 13, 2009 01:06 am)
I would like to know where I can get a wicked awesome banner in signature area like all the boss mods?

All you have to do is make one. lol.

I'd say most of us use something like Photoshop to do one.

But then you just put in your signature the same way you post an image on the forum.

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help