Remove this ad

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#2001 [url]

May 5 11 1:59 PM

I just finished City of Fallen Angels and I am not reading Emerald Atlas by John Stephens. I've only read the prologue so far, but its already reeled me in

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#2002 [url]

May 5 11 2:18 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ May 05, 2011 01:59 pm)
I just finished City of Fallen Angels and I am not reading Emerald Atlas by John Stephens. I've only read the prologue so far, but its already reeled me in

I think I saw that at Walmart and it intrigued me when you get done can you tell me if it was good or not?

user posted image
Aura Color:Blue
Aura Scent:Peaches
Element:Air,Fire,Water,&Earth
The bravest and most courageous people are those who find happiness in the darkest of times.

Quote    Reply   

Calliope

Sorcerer

#2003 [url]

May 5 11 2:31 PM

Right now I'm reading "The Last Master" vol. 1 by John Suchet, "The Pale King" by David Foster Wallace, "The Alcheymyst" (of course), and "Memoirs of a Geisha" by Arthur Golden. I also want to read "Briar Rose" by Jane Yolen but I think four books are enough right now.

"Memoirs..." is so different to the last time I read it, mind you I was about fourteen when I first did read it. Still surprisingly good though.

user posted image

Aura Colour: Jade 
Aura Scent: Black Tea and Chocolate

Quote    Reply   

#2004 [url]

May 5 11 3:23 PM

Are talking about Memoirs a book or memoirs memoirs?

user posted image
The bravest and most courageous people are those who find happiness in the darkest of times.

Quote    Reply   

#2006 [url]

May 5 11 11:56 PM

QUOTE (orik @ May 05, 2011 02:18 pm)
QUOTE (Spacecadet @ May 05, 2011 01:59 pm)
I just finished City of Fallen Angels and I am not reading Emerald Atlas by John Stephens.  I've only read the prologue so far, but its already reeled me in

I think I saw that at Walmart and it intrigued me when you get done can you tell me if it was good or not?

I have a McKay's Booklist (it's just a regular list of books that I want; I just call it McKay's because McKay's is an AWESOME bookstore) and I added that Emerald Atlas book to it. I saw it at Wal-Mart, read the inside sleeve, and was like--it's going on the list.

I'm now reading the second book of The Kane Chronicles: The Throne of Fire. After that, I'm going to see if I can read and finish Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire before Michael Scott's new book comes out!

I'm still going crazy for that book!!

user posted image
Aura Color: Burnt Orange ,Solid, with the tendency to pull like gravity
Aura Scent: Musk
Master of Fire and beginner in Water

Quote    Reply   

#2007 [url]

May 6 11 12:04 AM

I think we're all going crazy for The Warlock!!! flamelssecret/hyper_.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#2008 [url]

May 6 11 12:06 AM

Completely mental for it!

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#2009 [url]

May 6 11 12:12 AM

Im halfway through Throne of Fire!!! Its waaaaay better than Lost Hero and Red Pyramid so far! (In my opinion)

Haha. My mom asked me if i wanted this series and i was like 'Nah, lets wait until Warlock comes out.'

Aura: Bright Yellow
Scent: Buttered Popcorn

Quote    Reply   

#2010 [url]

May 6 11 12:17 AM

Well I'm almost done with Mockingjay and I just have to say I completely loathe Peeta. flamelssecret/mad.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#2012 [url]

May 6 11 12:34 AM

QUOTE (Pierulestheworld @ May 06, 2011 12:12 am)
Im halfway through Throne of Fire!!! Its waaaaay better than Lost Hero and Red Pyramid so far! (In my opinion)

Haha. My mom asked me if i wanted this series and i was like 'Nah, lets wait until Warlock comes out.'

I got it today...if I haven't mentioned it anywhere else...I get distracted and sometimes forget if I posted things already. But I LOVED The Red Pyramid. And it pleased me that the myth of the 'demon days' was an original story--not just by Riordan. I read about, found a different version than his, in fact, tweaked it A LOT, and added it to my last novel. It was amazing.

That's what I do: I read the old myths (mainly Greek and Egyptian) and tweak them so much that they are almost entirely new myths. I wrote a whole novel (my second one, in fact) around an elemental sword of six elements (Wind, Water, Fire, Earth, Spirit, and Time) created by the Greek gods. And that sword ended up being in the latest novel and its prequel; two different series, but still tied together.

Side note: I thought The Lost Hero was great! I can't wait for the Son of Neptune.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#2013 [url]

May 6 11 12:43 AM

QUOTE (Pierulestheworld @ May 06, 2011 12:32 am)
Aw why? I still like him (Well... a bit. I didnt like most of the characters after Mockingjay.)

He's acting like a complete goober and he's infuriating me to a point where I feel like I'm going to snap his neck and I would if he was real.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#2014 [url]

May 6 11 1:33 AM

QUOTE (Pierulestheworld @ May 05, 2011 07:32 pm)
Aw why? I still like him (Well... a bit. I didnt like most of the characters after Mockingjay.)

I hated everybody in the Mockingjay. people were just dying, and Katniss' character is awful, and it's so confusing and the story stops making good sense. it made me mad, because I really like the Hunger Games, and even though Catching Fire was a bit weaker of a story line, I was holding out that Mockingjay would be the epic big tie-in finish. And it wasn't. And I hated the few stupid people who weren't dead already flamelssecret/badmood.gif

user posted image
Aura colorAmber
Aura scent:Cedar boughs

Quote    Reply   

#2015 [url]

May 6 11 2:43 AM

I cant wait for Son of Neptune either! It will be awesome!

Hahaha. Thats basically what i though Cedargirl. Though Catching Fire was my favorite since it had Finnick. wub.gif I didnt like how it ended. So... abrupt? Thats the word, right? She didn't go into detail about what happened to anyone besides Peeta and Katniss.

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#2016 [url]

May 6 11 2:57 AM

QUOTE (Pierulestheworld @ May 05, 2011 08:43 pm)
I cant wait for Son of Neptune either! It will be awesome!

Hahaha. Thats basically what i though Cedargirl. Though Catching Fire was my favorite since it had Finnick.  wub.gif I didnt like how it ended. So... abrupt? Thats the word, right? She didn't go into detail about what happened to anyone besides Peeta and Katniss.

yea i was a bit disappointed by the lack of information about the other character as well. But she did make a very bold statement with the last book, that war tears people apart and ravages families and people are forever changed by it, and not always for the better.

And I loved Finnick he is an awesome character

Quote    Reply   

Calliope

Sorcerer

#2017 [url]

May 6 11 5:19 AM

QUOTE (orik @ May 06, 2011 10:43 am)

He's acting like a complete goober and he's infuriating me to a point where I feel like I'm going to snap his neck and I would if he was real.

I'm sorry, but I had to quote this and say.... haha, goober. That is the best word. It's now my word of the day.

user posted image

Aura Colour: Jade 
Aura Scent: Black Tea and Chocolate

Quote    Reply   

#2018 [url]

May 6 11 2:35 PM

QUOTE (Calliope @ May 06, 2011 05:19 am)
QUOTE (orik @ May 06, 2011 10:43 am)

I'm sorry, but I had to quote this and say.... haha, goober. That is the best word. It's now my word of the day.

YAY I'm glad I was the one who brought you your word of the day.

And I like Mockingjay but some of the characters really irk me. Most of them are...GOOBERS!!! flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#2019 [url]

May 6 11 3:56 PM

Yes. They were acting Goober-ish.

I FINISHED THRONE OF FIRE! flamelssecret/dance.gif It was extreeeemely epic. Now going at this pace i should finish re-reading Necromancer a few days before The Warlock comes out!

Quote    Reply   

#2020 [url]

May 6 11 9:12 PM

Did it have a lot of action in it?

I just noticed I still haven't finished The Lost Hero. flamelssecret/hysterical.gif I've had the blooming thing since Christmas and still haven't read it!! flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

P.S. I know this is so flamelssecret/OFF T SMILEY.gif but I like your avvie... flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help